Nyal Quality medicine bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NewbieBottleHunter

Reaction score
Haven't posted a question here in some time as I have been too busy to go out and hunt for bottles recently. I was, however, hunting for fossils in a river in South Florida when I came across several older broken bottles (what a shame) and one that was intact. It's embossed I'm guessing, from the little that I've been able to find from simple internet searches, that it is not unusual, rare, or valuable but I'd really like to know more about it if someone can identify it and provide a little information about it. It's a clear rectangular bottle 9" in height with "NYAL QUALITY" embossed on one side inside of a circle. Below those words is a design that appears to be triangle inscribed within a circle which seems to have a pair of simplistic "wings" attached. The reverse is embossed with "BOTTLE MADE IN U.S.A. PATENTED AUG. 28th, 1916". It Is a stoppered bottle that appears to have held some sort of patent medicine but I'd be interested to hear if there are other details available. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ccbc238b7d594fe7942f2709bd25cef4.jpg
    ccbc238b7d594fe7942f2709bd25cef4.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 127

nhpharm

Reaction score
Nyal put out (and still puts out) a number of medicines. This larger bottle was typically their Spring Sarsaparilla Compound and dates to the 1920's.

sunrunner

Reaction score
good find , once living in Florida I know how hard it id to find old bottles there.

NewbieBottleHunter

Reaction score
Just a little before finding this complete bottle, I uncovered two matching pieces of an aqua colored 1920’s Dr. WB Caldwell Syrup of Pepsin bottle—a real shame it was busted up and I never found the remaining pieces to reconstruct it. We also found an older Clorox bottle and my friend found two different sized Aqua Velva bottles (how random is that?) in addition to a couple of unmarked stoppered bottles that I'm guessing also date from the 1920-30 period. Just before I found the Nyal bottle, the same hole I was excavating gave up this:
post-7713-0-21436400-1432139554.jpg
It was a good day.

NewbieBottleHunter

Reaction score
Columbian Mammoth (Mammuthus columbi) and the first complete one I've found in 8 years of fossil hunting in South Florida. It was a VERY good day.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen