O-T Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GBmike

Reaction score
i really like the embossing on this one. can anybody give me a history or point me in the right direction to find out about this bottle. Looks like it is blown in mold. thanks
Mike

Zx70310.jpg

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
Hi GBmike

Your bottle is a cordial bottle originating from an Australian company who later established branches and/or distributors in England and Canada. A little bit on the company: J.Dixon began a cordial factory in Prahran in the late 1890's. Soon after, however, he introduced his OT Punch - the trademark and brand name weren't officially patented until 1918, however this soon became the company's main product. After 1910 the company was simply known as OT Pty Ltd and continued into the 1940's. The company also produced sauces and most bottles used the distinctive "Hot Chilli" trademark.

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi GBmike,
An emerald green version is a hard one to get and is worth considerably more. A site run by Mark Nightinggale "Earlyglass.com" in the UK has one for sale at 220 pounds.

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
Hi again GBmike

As well as the scarce green OT cordial, there is also a rare squat, bulbous type and a large (i.e. 2 gallon square bulk size) which are the most desireable of the OT Cordials.

The Australian Antique Bottles Website has some good general information and photos of these and other cordials at the following weblink:
http://www.sli.unimelb.edu.au/scronk/aabw/index.htm

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

IRISH

Reaction score
There is also a miniture/showsample, a 1/4 size and a half size [:D] , if you got them all it would be an impressive collection. J. Dixon also used a few nice Codd's, the volcano one and the 26 ouncer spring to mind [;)] .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1