Odd Late 1800's The Wahl Brewing Co Monroe MICH Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Blutchtique

Reaction score
This is an odd bottle from one of my recent finds that it seems some of you would be interested in seeing. With the SB & G Co. mark on the bottom (Streator Bottle & Glass Company, Streator, IL (1881-1905)) and the way the bottle looks it seems to be from sometime in the late 1800's. The mold mark stops about 3/4 of the way up the neck. The neck is bulging in the middle which is sort of odd. It seems to be a blob top and is aqua blue in color. Not sure if it is more of a common or rare example. Thanks for looking my friends and for providing any feedback that you may and make sure to please have a blessed day! [:)]

IMG_5043.jpg

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5044.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Nice looking bottle, I don't imagine it to be super rare but a nice item for sure. It has a bulged neck that is often referred too as a ladies leg and it was a Baltimore Loop Seal closure which was an O-ring style closure that would have fit in that groove inside the lip...Jim

Blutchtique

Reaction score
Thanks for the information Jim. Yeah it is in real good shape. No chips or cracks. It is an indoor bottle. Just a little haze on the inside pretty much. I appreciate the fact you like it. Have an awesome day! : ) --Anthony

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Very cool bottle, I love the neck shape. Can't beat the condition either. If it was local to me, that'd be the last you'd see of it! [;)]

Blutchtique

Reaction score
Cool bottle Bill. Thanks for sharing. The bottle I have shown here is about 9 inches tall and seems to be a 12 ounce. The one you have listed is a quart. So they do vary in this way.

I appreciate the post as well Wheelah23. Looks like you collect some cool stuff that is specific to your area. That's awesome!

Have a great day everyone! [:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter