Off set 'Perfect Mason'

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

58froggy

Reaction score
All of my 'Ball Perfect Mason' jars(1910-23), the Mason embossing is perfectly centered under the word Perfect except this one. Does this make it special? It is a very pretty blue. This is more like my Drey Masons where none of the embossings are centered. Thanks,Doug

Us53688.jpg

Attachments

• Us53688.jpg
    Us53688.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 82

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
It is my understanding that when Ball decided to change the embossing on their jars from "Ball Mason" to "Ball Perfect Mason", they simply cut the word "Perfect" into the old molds. The added word didn't quite fit underneath "Ball", so they just put it as close as they could. Redbook does list several different variations on the offset "Perfect" depending on how far over the "Perfect" is. These are arguably the oldest of the Perfect Mason jars, but it doesn't add a whole lot to the value. I don't have my Redbook with me right now, or I'd tell you exactly. Maybe one of the other members can chip in there. -Tammy

Hoosier49er

Reaction score
In the Red Book there are 5 distinct set of offset mold patterns:

1. P in PERFECT above MA in MASON
2. P in PERFECT above A in MASON
3. P in PERFECT above M in MASON
4. PE in PERFECT above M in MASON
5. E in PERFECT above M in MASON

These were all that were listed in the book, but I've seen others. Every now and then you see one with the word PERFECT completely to the left of the underscore.
That's what I love about these jars, there are litteraly hundreds of different mold and color variations to be found. Not to mention mispellings and objects that found their way into the mold with the glass.

Joe

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85