Oh Shoot!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ruccello

Reaction score
Hey Dugout, good luck with the science project! Sometimes the chargers will burn out while in use. If it feels warm/hot, that's a good sign. If it's cold, either one of the leads came off, or one of the alligator clips dissolved (which happens over time). Make sure you check on it every 5 minutes or so. I don't like to keep mine going for more than an hour or so before I stop it and let it cool down. Also, each time you stop it, drain the water, wash everything off, and start with fresh water and salt (don't play in the water either, lots of nasty heavy metals in there). The water will get really gross after a couple of minutes, but that just means it's working.

The top-break revolver was made for years. I think probably 1880s to mid 20th century. I think they still make replicas. I'm not a gun expert by any means, just enjoy shooting. Your gun looks 1940's to 50's to me, but that's just a guess.

Richard

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
You have a Harrington & Richardson top break revolver, probably an "American" model. Many thousands were manufactured in the early years of the 20th Century. They were made in .32, 38, and .44 S&W, with .38 being the most common. There is little collector interest and they remain very inexpensive to this day.

Dugout

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your replies. The Hub got home & thinks it's a .32. And it doesn't matter if it is not valuable, the find is the fun!

MIdigger

Reaction score
I believe Smith & Wesson made top breaks also. They were mainly low pressure rounds, as the action isnt particularly strong (of the time period VS a Colt Single action say in .45 Long Colt) notable as previously mentioned .32cal and .38 cal being the most popular. Just pulled on the top latch and the barrel flips forward exposing the cartridges.

coreya

Reaction score
Here is a smith early 1900's in 32 cal. this was my Godfathers off duty firearm from NYC PD in the 40's

100_1340.jpg

100_1341.jpg

This one is a 32 cal. by US revolver co. which I have been unable to find anything about them.

100_1342.jpg

100_1343.jpg

Dugout

Reaction score
Those pearl handles are pretty. The girls said there were a few wood fragments around the edges in the handle when they found it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward