Ohio digging partner

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
HEY! I am from Ohio and I also have plenty of places to dig. I live in Ashland. It's about an hour from Columbus.

JGUIS

Reaction score
Reviving this thread to see who's out there. I'm in southeastern Ohio, near Lancaster/Zanesville. I haven't found the oldest dumps around here yet, but I know they're here somewhere.[;)] Have yet to dig a privy due to privy standards in the area, thinking it would be pointless, but will probably try one just to be sure. If anyone's interested in moving some earth, drop me a line. In the meantime, I'll keep looking for a spot to put my door to China. [&:]

JGUIS

Reaction score
OK, I dug a privy, and didn't find shi......well, that's all I found. Prospective dumps found, access denied. Still looking for one that's owned by a less active collector.

diggerjeff

Reaction score
i would think that some of the best diggs around zanesville might be around the old brick yards . lots of early brick made in that area ,and the holes that were used to get the clay from turned into ponds and eventually filled in with trash.

JGUIS

Reaction score
The only thing about Z-town is that development buries most good spots, there are still some good places along the river, IF you can get access. Every town in Perry county has something made of clay, pottery in Crooksville and Roseville, tile pipe and bricks from Junction City, roof tile in New Lexington, bricks and support tiles in Somerset(which is where I got kicked out of), bricks in Straitsville and a few other places that direction. Unfortunately, those things all came before strip mining, and the ones that are left are privately owned(and guarded) I have heard of Z-towns good glass to be found, but so has every other person for 100 miles. I'm trying to locate the owner of a ghost town. I did some surface checking today and found thousands of pieces of different local sodas, meds and beers, but nothing whole and no digging. The saloon has been picked hard, but just inside the foundation. The hospital burned down fully loaded, so there's probably stuff under it. It's basically a town of foundations, most have bricks and trees inside them. I have yet to determine weather the town had a dump, or if it all went in the creek.

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
I've done alright in a few Steubenville privies. So if ya ever have a weekend or for that matter week day drop me a line. If you think dumps are bad to dig alone, try a privy[sm=lol.gif]!

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks