old beer bottle info

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

galtg

Reaction score
My uncle gave me some old vintage beer bottle and I'm trying to find some info on them and deciding what to do with them..one of each from the Interboro Brew Co, Brooklyn NY..Excelsiour Brewery Brooklyn..V. Loewerss Gambrinus Brewery..F&M Schaefer Brew Co.....Liebmann brewery.there are no lables on them, just the glass bottles..and there's a citrate of magnesium medicine bottle.any help would be appreciated

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Hello Galtg and welcome to the Forum.
Pictures would help us, but I am familiar with some of your bottles. The Excelsiour, Interboro, Libermann and Schaffer are all from large brewers in the 1900 to 1920 period. Values typically under 5 dollars each, as there are tens of thousands of bottles from these firms around.

galtg

Reaction score
NYCFLASKS..Thank you for the reply and info..I guess I'll turn them into a display piece ..I did a little more digging into the history of the companies and as a beer drinker it's pretty cool to own a piece of prohibition history..thanx again

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
You do have one that I do not reconize, V. Loewerss Gambrinus Brewery. You might want to post a picture of this one and any other embossing on the bottle, such as a city or town name if there is one.

galtg

Reaction score
Doing a google search on this company i think their claim to fame is a tax case that went to the supreme court..i think they won..like the rest my pictures are too large to load on here and truthfully not the best..be happy to email you them anyway..

hemihampton

Reaction score
V. (Valentine) Loewers Gambrinus Brewery Company was located at 529 west 41st street between 10th & 11th Ave's. Operated under this name from 1883-1943 but was closed during Prohibition. They then changed the name to Loewers which went on to produce some very rare Loewers cone top beer cans. LEON.

galtg

Reaction score
Leon..thank you for the information..these bottles have become a conversation piece and the minute I mention prohibition their eyes light up..now I have more..thanx again..Bruce

hemihampton

Reaction score
During Prohibition most Brewing companies would change there name to Products company & produce soda, tonic water, malt syrup, malt, ice cream, ect, ect. I'm guessing yours are pre pro or before Prohibtion. Are the bottles blob tops or crown tops? LEON.

galtg

Reaction score
Leon..they all look to be crown tops.Bruce

hemihampton

Reaction score
any of them say "pure & free of drugs or poison"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads