Old bottle found while diving

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tmhutch

Reaction score
Hi, new guy here. Can anyone ID this bottle found in the Puget Sound??

Bottles001.jpg

Bottles002.jpg

tmhutch

Reaction score
Wish I could say I did dive. Actually, my mom found this bottle while diving, in the early 60's. She actually held the worlds record for catching the largest octopus, free hand. Only lasted for about six months but she was proud of it.

Anywhoo, the bottle is one of many. It just happens to be my favorite so I thought I'd research it a little.

Todd

LaidBackJack

Reaction score
Torpedo soda bottle, neat but common. I have several identical to yours, they're worth maybe $5-$10 in good shape.

LaidBackJack

Reaction score
Here's one in decent shape. Never had one that wasn't aqua. They're neat, but hard to display.

Rp42365.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42365.jpg
    Rp42365.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 59

tmhutch

Reaction score
I think their great. I used mine to propose to my wife. I enclosed a pirates treasure map that led to her ring. Strategicaly buried it on the beach in Hawaii and played it off like the discovery and the quest was all by chance[;)].

LaidBackJack

Reaction score
Your secret is safe with me :) I agree torpedoes are cool, I'm a sucker for them, I just wish there was an easy way to display them in a window.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I laid mine in my jade plant to keep it on display. Then I added others in them to keep the cats from digging in them for sport. Buggers. The bottle was put in about 2 years ago, and the plant has grown to basicly entomb it - I can't get it out now unless I move the plant more than it really wants to move....

Vs55462.jpg

Attachments

• Vs55462.jpg
    Vs55462.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member