Old Bottles in New Orleans

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Vlro,
The New Orleans bottle show is August 21st @ the Quality Hotel, 2261 N.Causeway Blvd.
In Metairie, LA. Looking forward to metting any members from the site, I have all the information listed on the calender as well as contacts.

Relicsnstuff (Joe)

vlro

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll put that on my calendar. My bottles are looking better every day. Just letting them sit with that good ole Mississippi water in them helped a lot.

john

Reaction score
The New Orleans bottle show is August 21st @ the Quality Hotel, 2261 N.Causeway Blvd.

Thanks for the info, I look forward to the show!
-john

cdlouke

Reaction score
I found a clear bottle 7 1/2 inches high marked St Cyr Fourcade, 215 Canal, cor Rampart St, NO. I was able to research Fourcade and found tht he was a pharmacist and had a shop at that location between 1870-1886.
The bottle seems to be in good shape without any nicks or cracks

Does anyone know what the value on something like this is

epackage

Reaction score
Hi CD and welcome to the forum, pic's would go a long way because N.O. meds can bring from $10 into the hundreds, take as many as you can including the lip and the bottom of the bottle and all embossing, Natural light behind the bottle would be best when taking pic's....and thanx for bringing up such an old post, you must really be doing your research....Jim

#1twin

Reaction score
Thanks for the date on the Fourcade bottle. I have one also, along with a lot of other N O med bottles, dug in Biloxi.
Nice haul of bottles Ginny, and you didn't even have to dig them. Way to go! I would say the stenciled jug is your best find as was stated before. Too bad about that handle. There are some people that know how to replace the handle I am told. I brought home a couple handles today. Thanks for sharing the pics and welcome to the forum. Marvin

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: #1twin

Thanks for the date on the Fourcade bottle. I have one also, along with a lot of other N O med bottles, dug in Biloxi.
Nice haul of bottles Ginny, and you didn't even have to dig them. Way to go! I would say the stenciled jug is your best find as was stated before. Too bad about that handle. There are some people that know how to replace the handle I am told. I brought home a couple handles today. Thanks for sharing the pics and welcome to the forum.     Marvin

You've been fooled! Look at the date of the thread.

#1twin

Reaction score
Thank you Wheelah. So exactly what kind of BS is this?? I didn't pay attention to the date obviously because I assumed it was a recent listing. I just found out I lost my wallet in the woods bottle hunting today, so I am really not in the mood for foolishness. Thanks again. Marvin

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaExplorer11