Old crock with something inside

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sloughduck

Reaction score
I was at a flea market one time,there was a lady selling demijohns,the one I picked up had a pile of mouse skeltons like your jug,I told the lady I wanted the demijohn,but not the mouse remains,she freaked out,she had never noticed the mousy remains in the bottle.She said if you want the bottle you can have it for free,but you have to take the mousy remains with it.I took it,it was a nice demijohn.

timeandabottle

Reaction score
That's gross! I found an old metal milk can in an 1880's grainery that was on my property one time. Inside under a buch of straw I found a diary from 1915! It was written by one of the wives (YES, that's a plural!) of the owner of the property! He was the mayor at the time of a very small Northern Utah town called Lewiston I lived in. I think he had a total of 3 wives! Anyhow, the mormons certainly havn't practiced this for way over a 100 years now. I thought instead of making a few bucks I would track the decendents down and after making lots of phone calls I was able to do so and drove to their home at Christmas and presented this to them. You'd have thought I gave them a million bucks! Cool diary, talked about a trip to South America from Lewiston. I stop was in Cuba and she watched them throw prisoners off the cliff to shark infested waters! On the boat she kept drinking whiskey to try and rid herself of seasickness but kept vomitting! It was a cool find!

Congrats on your new rat though!

GACDIG

Reaction score
Still waiting for the story that someone found a old mason jar and it had a load of money in it. [8D]
gac

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter