old Dover NH digger family where are they?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mike O

Reaction score
Hi all I am curious and have a question, I started digging and collecting bottles back in the early 70’s One of my favorite bottle books back then was Bottle Collecting in New England. By John P Adams. From Dover NH. Published in 1969. My original copy is long gone when my bottle interests changed to cars and woman. I am now back into bottles and thanks to EBay I have a new copy of this book. It is still fun to look through and I like to see the author, his wife and 2 boys out and enjoy the bottle hobby. So after this long introduction what I am really wondering is if any one from this family is still in the area and digging for bottles. Thanks for your thoughts Mike

tigue710

Reaction score
always wondered that myself Mike. I to am a J P Adams baby! You know he has two more books out there? The second one is the best i think...

I used look over those books again and again, wishing I could find some of those common junkers!

Mike O

Reaction score
I do have a 2nd book from him the one with the purple cover, I did not know about the 3rd book. Funny I do remember coming home from digging and looking through that book to see if I had found some of the things that he had listed thinking that it was the best you could find. NOW with the internet what a difference. It still would be nice to know if his boys are still out there hitting the dumps, I think they would now be in there early to mid 50's

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello you two. I have the 1969 book in my library, I didn't know about the other two books. I would like the Name and published dates for them so I can put them on book search. I trust you have looked at my homepage, under books there I have listed some of my favorites.
I will soon have new blog on the subject of "The Half-Leaf Mold Cavity Repair Mark" posted on my homepage. This is a cavity weld repair system that produced a half leaf pattern on the surface of bottles out of that mold. If you have one please advise me, and post a picture. This subject was recently written up by Jim Hagenbuch in the February issue of "ANTIQUE BOTTLE & GLASS COLLECTOR. I have been working on this study for a few years, so I see it a little differently.
RED Matthews

Mike O

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I never thought to do a search before I started this thread

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi Mike my name is Kevin and I went along will Wayne to meet Mr. Adams. He lives in Newington N.H. I really enjoyed talking with that oldtimer. He is a great host and Im sure you could find him in the phonebook. He and his wife came in to my shop and noticed a sign Bram had let me put up regarding antique bottles wanted by collector. I wasn't in the day he was in but they left their number and Wayne and I went over and were really glad we did. If your going to the show you should try to look him up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583