Cattle ranch or antique treasure farm????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

katieobrien

Reaction score
I'm from SLC with family in Preston, Idaho. If you're anywhere close (since Idaho is real long!) I'd be happy to apprise your bottles you've found free of charge. Look for those with no threads that used a cork stopper. I collect and have a pretty good knowledge on a lot of crap though!
I'm not too far from Preston but not terrible close either, a couple hours. Would love to have you come up sometime.

katieobrien

Reaction score
He's talking about ..does your metal detector have discrimination (notch filtering), ability to cancel out the iron-ferrous versus non-ferrous (usually the good -stuff$$). You will want to hunt on non-ferrous first to get the copper, brass, silver, aluminum....tokens, copper and silver coins, jewelery, heavy bra$$ salvage.
I haven't used a metal detector at all, ever. It was just a joke about blowing it up. I'm just learning guys, I have been cleaning up the farm house and outbuildings for almost 2 years now and mostly just love history and the outdoors. I'm not really interested in the value but the information is immeasurable to me. But I am definitely not against finding something to fund a honeymoon to Ireland lol.

katieobrien

Reaction score
It appears one of your finds was at one time displayed at the Smithsonian? Interesting…
I got curious and googled Azoa rat virus
Fascinating cornucopia of items you have there!
Tonight I found a vile for tetanus antivirus lol.

katieobrien

Reaction score
To answer the question in the header, "It can be two things." ..The other side of the coin is there will always be something to do and you'll most likely never to be real bored. :cool:
True and I honestly can't tell you what day of the week or time of day it is. I found a little slice of heaven here on earth

Reactions: Len

Frogmountain

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently married in June and moved to my husband's 100 year old family farm and ranch. It has been a non-stop adventure with the crops, farm equipment, animals and hours of my! But the most amazing thing is this family never threw anything away! From newspapers to vehicles. I have a breast pump from the late 1800s. I probably spent 24 hours + trying to Identify a Owens-Illinois bottle with a Park and Davis Co lid. And I am still not 100% certain. Anyways that's my introduction and if anyone is looking for anything, I mean anything, I probably have 1 or 12 lol.
OK back up. They had breast pumps in the 1800s???

• Haha
Reactions: Len

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hey guys, remember, the zipper was invented in the early 1900s. Now picture your grandfather who had a prostate problem dinking with those buttons. :eek:

katieobrien

Reaction score
Any marbles?
Yes but no idea about them either lol. I know I have one bumble bee and the ones I think are cool probably not worth shit but please tell me what you are looking for. I need to know something about at least one subject lol

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen