Cattle ranch or antique treasure farm????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

katieobrien

Reaction score
Welcome to the board Katie. Pretty neat stuff...keep those pictures coming. Go into the cellars and attics...barns...barn floors. You'll need a metal detector too...you'll want to retrieve all those silver coins lost.
Oh I have been everywhere, and learned really fast that You can blow up a metal detector lmao. But seriously I have found that is I have to be extremely careful and dig with my hands only. I can't believe the breakable items buried out here. I have taken down one out building and working on #2. But at least 3 feet down and then snow and frozen ground, so I will hold off until next year.

TexasRancher

Reaction score
Oh I have been everywhere, and learned really fast that You can blow up a metal detector lmao. But seriously I have found that is I have to be extremely careful and dig with my hands only. I can't believe the breakable items buried out here. I have taken down one out building and working on #2. But at least 3 feet down and then snow and frozen ground, so I will hold off until next year.
I once had to wait two months to remove a half buried blob-top bottle from the frozen ground. The anticipation not knowing it it was complete or not....it was. Joy is when the ground becomes soft again.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Blow up a metal detector???

katieobrien

Reaction score
Blow up a metal detector???
Being silly but there is metal from surface at least 3 ft down on every inch I have covered so far, not exaggerating at all. Saved EVERY nail, screw, bolt, broken, rusty, license plate, can etc etc etc for 100 years

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Being silly but there is metal from surface at least 3 ft down on every inch I have covered so far, not exaggerating at all. Saved EVERY nail, screw, bolt, broken, rusty, license plate, can etc etc etc for 100 years
Notch and discriminate..

timeandabottle

Reaction score
I'm from SLC with family in Preston, Idaho. If you're anywhere close (since Idaho is real long!) I'd be happy to apprise your bottles you've found free of charge. Look for those with no threads that used a cork stopper. I collect and have a pretty good knowledge on a lot of crap though!

TexasRancher

Reaction score
I definitely am going to steal your name cause I don't know the lingo, verbiage, or anything else about collecting, selling, digging, hunting lol
He's talking about ..does your metal detector have discrimination (notch filtering), ability to cancel out the iron-ferrous versus non-ferrous (usually the good -stuff$$). You will want to hunt on non-ferrous first to get the copper, brass, silver, aluminum....tokens, copper and silver coins, jewelery, heavy bra$$ salvage.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
To answer the question in the header, "It can be two things." ..The other side of the coin is there will always be something to do and you'll most likely never to be real bored. :cool:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen