Old foundation & maybe some older bottles...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jake12

Reaction score
Hi guys , well I found a older foundation in our woods again:) this one Is all fieldstone and rocks. I was just poking around there and happens to find a broken aqua blue bottle the seam line stops before the top part and neck I guess. Sadly I only found the top half. I did find a small dump or privy I don't really know near the possible foundation , i just dug and out came glass but it was like window and mirror glass not really bottles. I continued to dig farther out and I found a broken glass shard with some embossing . I really don't know were the old 1800s - 1910s stuff is! I know it's there I just can't seem to find it:/ if anyone could help me or give me a tip that would be great:) thanks - Jake.l

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Just keep digging.. the answers lie buried there.. somewhere.. [;)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jake,

Welcome to the Blue Pages, and the hunt.

You're not giving us much on the lay of the land. Pictures are always good visual aids in a situation like this. Do you have a probe? Do a grid search radiating outward from the foundation walls, if you're able.

Keep an eye out for depressions in the ground. Are there stone walls around? Check out natural features that would have made a likely dumping spot. Any waterways in this wood? Check them, too.

Good luck. Stay hydrated.

sandyridge2.jpg

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau