Old guy,Old haunts.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Went to some old haunts today,the one in the pic was closed in 1970,started probably about late 30's (guessing) all screw or crown tops.Lots of metal,last time I saw this dump was 30 years ago!!
And as you can see there was competition out there,although they didn't have tools with them (just beaks) I figured they were having the same bad luck as me,they never stayed in one place long enough to find anything.
The problem with old haunts is all the city folks moving out here and building big homes,planting big lawns,usually on top of good dumps.So now out here is the same as where they moved from.
It was a downer of a day,and it didn't even rain!.I'll get back to the dump in another 30 years,or never,which ever comes first.

Hf98911.jpg

Attachments

• Hf98911.jpg
    Hf98911.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 80

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Nice pics...Thanks for sharin'...
You still diggin' crown top sodas there? Or, did ya finish it out previously?

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey whiskeyman,

You know what they say,smoke it if you've got it.
And this dump could produce lots of sodas,usually I just pass the newer stuff by,maybe I'll have to change my thinking.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
DAVE...it may be a good idea to salvage whatever sodas,etc, you can, before a house is built upon this site and all is destroyed/lost for future collectors.

I've always felt we need not only think of ourselves while pursuing our particular interests, but we also need to think of those who will come after us. It's up to us to salvage/save what we can for future generations. ...just my thoughts...not getting on any soapbox.

Speakin' of a fowl day....raining here for 2nd day in a row...More predicted for tomorrow...and it rained all last weekend too....I wanna go diggin'.....[:(]

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey whiskeyman

Its not a matter of collecting,but where to put them.My wife is getting a little ticked off at me.Bottles are now appearing on shelves where her knic-knacs used to be.
I'm thinking of starting my own dump in the backyard,but I don't think it would go over too well.!!Most of the windows look like this...

Tr50386.jpg

whiskeyman

Reaction score
DAVE,,,,nice collection and a colorful pic. I take it ya like cobalt?...heheh.

Besides what I have displayed in showcases and on shelves in the house, I have stuff stashed under the house in the crawl space...and in my shed...

Need another shed.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
oh, it quit rainin' long enough for me to get to the dump..get started in diggin' and findin'a few bottles- then the sky opened up and I got drenched...2nd time this month too....will I ever learn?[:D]

My best find today was a White House Vinegar pint apple w/pour spout...
but seems it was cracked...[:(]

I did get a few other White House bottles and a Jumbo jar that were intact...along with a dozen Listerines,(3 different sizes), several Lysols, (2 sizes),several Sauers Extracts, and assorted plain corkers. Still seeking that older level of the dump...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster