old lure

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
Oops , I was wrong , it wasn't a Heddon !

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey LC it looks like it could be the older 5 hook Heddon Dowagiac to me to .So dont feel bad .It would be a good one for sure if it has glass eyes and the paint were in better shape,Hooks are often replaced .
Cool any way.
Bill

LC

Reaction score
Hard to tell Bill , just figured I was probably wrong , sure looked like a Heddon to me though . Pretty bad shape to try and do anything with it , lest one would try and paint it , and I do not think that would add to any value . A good one for parts if nothing else .

surfaceone

Reaction score
Heddon Dowagiac

Man, Bill,

They are so close...

heddonlures.jpg
From.

Bravo to you luristas.

Heddon-150-Dowagiac-Minnow-5-hooka.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
I really didn't think this thread would go anywhere but since it has, I am always looking for any FST lures, the old ones. I actually use them for fishing for Lake Trout and Kamloops Rainbows here on Lake Pend Oreille and the newer made ones don't work as well as the old ones. I would also like to acquire any Luckie Louie lures. Will trade bottles or U.S. Mint or Proof sets for them.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Tft,
I find them from time to time while diving. The condition really is a big factor in value - but I have found that people who are restoring other examples might want them for the metal or glass eyes and that can draw a few bucks. I have a friend that found one with the paint still protected and he sold it for $150 or so. It was a rare frog one (forgot if it was heddon or not).

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Luckie Louie lures.

Ha, say that six times, fast.

5Fc5J25S03F83J73N8c542d18b0ba36791106.jpg

This one's For Sale at $25. Here's some more @eplace.

brandonbafus1.JPG
I know that Louies are collectible but I can't pay collector prices for those gems, I lose them occasionally on the lake bottom. I just keep hoping I will be able to pick up one or two or a few in the $10.00 or less range, maybe those below collector condition.

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: botlguy

ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Luckie Louie lures.

Ha, say that six times, fast.

5Fc5J25S03F83J73N8c542d18b0ba36791106.jpg

This one's For Sale at $25. Here's some more @eplace.

brandonbafus1.JPG
I know that Louies are collectible but I can't pay collector prices for those gems, I lose them occasionally on the lake bottom. I just keep hoping I will be able to pick up one or two or a few in the $10.00 or less range, maybe those below collector condition.
BTW, who are the guys that are so proud of that little fish? [:D]

trail

Reaction score
The lure has what is called neverfail hardware. that is the give away that is is Pflueger. See how the loop with the hook is actually part of the rim of the cup? That is Neverfail hardware and only Pflueger used it. It is distinctive and the key to identification of Pflueger lures after 1910. Prior to 1910, Pflueger used a another type of set-up. i have collected lures for a very long time, was never drawn to pflueger though.
PfluegerNeverfailMinnow.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583