Old Raleigh NC Pepsi Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

1kevin1

Reaction score
I have an old pepsi bottle. I've looked up information to try to find out about this bottle but haven't had too much luck. It is very heavy and only has pepsi cola with the 2 dashes and raleigh nc. There is no other writing on the bottle.The seam on the side does not follow through on the lip. It has several dings and a chip on the lip. Also there is a a small area about the size of a dime where it appears someone rub it with a brillo pad and created a dull scratch. Does anyone know the age and how much this may be worth?

Thanks
Kevin

Qo40008.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Qo40008.jpg
    Qo40008.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 111

1kevin1

Reaction score
Wow. Didn't think the picture would be that big. Sorry about that.

BARQS19

Reaction score
Looks like a straight sided pepsi bottle from the early 1900s some are rare, some are common. I've got one from Charleston, SC worth about $60. Price varies on every bottle. Most collectors look at the condition, color, and especially what town it's from.
Robert

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Kevin,
Your bottle looks like this one listed in "Pepsi:Cola Bottles & More - Collectors guide Vol. 2" by James C. Ayers on page 66:

No. RA 10
Type: Applied top Color: Pale amethyst
Front: PC in script over RALEIGH, N.C. inside rectangular slug at base
Bottom: AGW 130
Rarity: 3
Value: $100.00

My notes to you about this bottle: There are several variations of Raleigh Pepsi and this one seems to be like yours. The book value is for mint or near mint examples. Your bottle obviously has some condition issues, but is still collectible to anyone who doesn't have this example. Good find and take a second look around where you found this, if you haven't already.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward