one for plumbata

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deacon_frost

Reaction score
on the bay, sorry i know it shouldnt go in this part of the forum but for some reason my pm is not not working[:mad:]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dose-Glass-PEORIA-ILL-HERMAN-ZIEGLER-PHARMACY-Lg-Size-/130575666617?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e66ea8db9

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey there, thanks a lot for the link my man, I'll have to watch that glass!

And It may be my inbox being full which is giving you trouble with the PMs, sorry about that. [:D]

cadburys

Reaction score
Stephen.. he probably bought it at the pekin show this weekend. He was there!

Ant

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey Ant, I have no idea what that seller looks like, but considering all the awesome glass he gets his hands on it makes sense. I think I've bought from him (via eBay) 3 or 4 times before.

Find anything good for the collection or for resale at the show?

deacon_frost

Reaction score
ive never met the guy in person but have talked to him on the phone his name is jeff cress, if interested plummy email me at briankheisler@yahoo.com and i can hook you up with his number, he is a super nice guy and comes up with some pretty neat items

cadburys

Reaction score
I picked up the crying baby figural medicine for $30. I dug a broken one a few years ago and thought it's a pretty cool conversation piece. You?

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Jeff is a great guy, i've bought some nice flasks and pontiled sodas from him. He does find some good stuff. He'll probably be at the Belleville show too.

~Tim

Plumbata

Reaction score
Funny that you should revive this thread Tim, as i just bought 2 scarce Peoria patent med bottles from him off eBay last week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130589244059
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130591763479

Brian, thanks for the offer of providing contact info but I guess it wasn't necessary. In the 1st listing he mentioned having another smaller size one, so after winning I asked about it and any other Peoria bottles. He said that he probably had about 5, and would go to his storage building, pull them out, and call me.

A day or 2 goes by and he calls. Apparently he didn't have 5, but rather 25 peoria bottles! [8|][:)]

He tells me what he has, most of the items being pieces I've never seen or heard of, though several were ones I already have. A good number were druggists, so i mentioned my love of druggists and how i dug a 32 ounce script style McDougal's pharmacy bottle, and needed the 16 ounce to complete the set. So he says "Actually, I think i have one in the shed let me go check." [:D] Sure enough he had one, but it was the block letter style. Close enough, so i had him add it to the pile. We worked out a deal for everything, including the ones i already had, so soon I'll be bombarding y'all with a bunch of pictures of my new acquisitions, one of which was a "holy grail" piece that I've drooled profusely at the thought of owning [:)]. It is loaded with embossing and is just a super cool patent med. The deal constituted almost a 10% increase in the size of my Peoria collection, you really can't shake a stick at that!

Jeff was very nice and professional, and as far as I'm concerned he is the go-to guy for bottles from Illinois/the midwest. His pricing was reasonable; you can tell that he isn't in it just for the money like so many other dealers. Anyone who collects stuff from this area should check his auctions or contact him to see what treasures are lurking in his presumably vast inventory. I have a feeling that i will be dealing with him in the future. So should you. [:)]

bottlekid76

Reaction score
That is great Stephen. I know he has always done me right on everything i've ever got from him. Great guy to talk with too. The saloon flask from Havana, IL is one I got from him at last years Belleville show. I was so happy to get that one. He comes up with some great finds. Sounds like your collection is really taking off!

~Tim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973