Our First Serious Heart breaker........

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DaddyDaughterDiggers

Reaction score
Here it is after 2 hours of scrubbing, 2 bottles of finger nail polish remover, a cup of salt and some of my mad skills. Tree pitch sucks to get out of a bottle.....especially 2 inches of it at the bottle of the bottle.

CC6B87BD46914F4595BB35CC97975CC2.jpg

Attachments

• CC6B87BD46914F4595BB35CC97975CC2.jpg
    CC6B87BD46914F4595BB35CC97975CC2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 51

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Lona. That really is a heartbreaker. Despite landing 448 hutches I have never ever found even a shard of a quart one. To find any quart hutch from south-eastern Wisconsin is amazing, they are that that rare - much less that particular example which is very hard to come by. (I don't have one). I'm so sorry about the crack. It rarely happens on a bottle that is that durable - made for carbonated beverages. That is such a shame. PM coming.

epackage

Reaction score
It's still displayable, you did a great job cleaning it... I see that Ron lists it as Rare on hutchbook.com, here's hoping you find another and don't go about smashing it to bits the second time around...[8D]

j.dinets

Reaction score
Well on the bright side, it's still rare, doesn't have to be glued together, and still displays nice. Bottles with heavy content deposits sometimes need a long time to come to an even temperature. Even then with the type of contents you had, and as well adhered to the inside as they were, and the different rates of expansion/ contraction between the glass and the pitch, it would always have been difficult. I hope you find another, and this time one that only needs mild cleaning, best always.

sandchip

Reaction score
This time of year, I'd wrap it up right out of the hole, and leave it that way in the house for a day or two. That way it really slows down the warming. Then run your water as close to room temperature as you can. Of course, if there's some kind of hidden stress in the bottle, it's gonna do what it wants. That's a shamer though because it had some nice crudity too.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
AT LEAST IT'S IN ONE PIECE...STILL DISPLAYABLE.. GREAT FIND ..MAYBE IT'S BROTHER MIGHT BE WAITING FURTHER DOWN...GOOD LUCK

MINNESOTA DIGGER

Reaction score
must be no snow in that se part of wis ,, went digging at a construction spot and we got several torpedo bottles and several beers . including a north dakota hutch . . the only bad thing is the split won't happen until next fall some time . nice bottle lona .

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229