PA Bottle co. ginger ale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gtree

Reaction score
Howdy Folks, Newbie to bottle collecting. This Forum is super cool and by what I've read you all are having a Lot of Fun!I have some family roots from Shenandoah, PA area and as the story goes we had family in the bottling industry as Hanna Bottling Co. it's said that they bottled Ginger Ale. Has anyone heard of Hanna Bottle Company? or of a Ginger Ale maker in and around Schuylkill County, PA?? If so, I'm interested in the info and/or buying some bottles. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Gtree

celerycola

Reaction score
Anthony F. Hanna is listed in the 1930 Blue Book at 312 East Lloyd st. Apparently he purchased the bottling works from John J. Keogh who was listed at that address in 1925. Shenandoah had nearly 25,000 population in 1925 and supported nine bottling plants.

Gtree

Reaction score
Many Thanks to you Celerycola. That is very helpful info. Anthony Hanna is our Grandfather. with this information a quick search reveals Keogh whom brewed Weiss Beer. It is said that Anthony bottled ginger ale... Which Blue Book? is the Blue Book accessed online??Has anyone come across Keogh or therefore Hanna bottles? Still Lots of questions!Thanks Again, Gtree

celerycola

Reaction score
The Beverage Blue Book is a directory of bottling companies in the US and Canada. It was published in 1923, 1925, and 1930. There is a separate Beverage Manufacturers Encyclopedia published in 1925. I have hard copies of all four but the only information regarding Hanna and Keogh I posted above. There are also several trade magazines published from the 1880's forward: National Bottler's Gazette, Southern Carbonator & Bottler, American Carbonator, Beverage Journal, and American Bottler. Only the last two are available online here:http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/008607376http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/008607355 The other trade magazines have limited availability in a few places such as Princeton, New York State Library, and New York City Public Library.

Gtree

Reaction score
Thanks again celerycola! We'll keep Digging.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26