PATERSON Holy Grail makes a quick exit......

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I'm starting to think different about bottle shows now.. as I slowly get to know members of the bottle community, I recognize faces now, meet people.. the glass was first class, but I go for the social element now, more than for acquiring. The bottle people are first class too!! What a great hobby...

bottle34nut

Reaction score
i made it to the oakland show and there really was not much there either. i also just browse and dont ask if anyone has any paterson or newark bottles, so there may have been some there. i am at the point that i have to start thinning the collection. i have so many bottles right now that i really dont know what i have, thats why i started narrowing it down to newark and paterson. then guess what, i fell in love with squat sodas and the saga continues. it really is a disease and i have to slow down. no more room. greg

div2roty

Reaction score
Nice finds. Whats up with Paterson and dating bottles? It seems like a higher percentage of bottles from there are dated than from other areas. I can't think of any old (pre 1900) Delaware bottles with a date.

bottle34nut

Reaction score
i have also wondered the same with all the dates on paterson bottles. i know i have a few out of the same mold where the mold was changed from year to year. paterson, nj was the first city in the US designed specifically as an industial city, with power supplied by the passaic river. the paterson falls are the second highest on the east coast, behind niagra falls and the city was built on the silk mills, hence the nickname "silk city". greg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Grieg.. your input is always appreciated! [:)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Here's what I purchased at the show today:..

2D28EF3504C04D44B1262AE92A7CE9D4.jpg

Attachments

• 2D28EF3504C04D44B1262AE92A7CE9D4.jpg
    2D28EF3504C04D44B1262AE92A7CE9D4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 48

bottle34nut

Reaction score
just a google search on paterson,nj is enough for most people to realize how important this city was for the history of the U.S., and its 15 minutes from where i live. the love for new jersey and its history is hard to explain uless you live here. most people think its the opening scene of the sopranos, but thats not really what nj is all about. there really is a whole lot history here, and a whole lot beauty, i mean we are the garden state. sorry for the rant. i just get tired of nj getting a bad rap....greg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26