Pelissier and Sons bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

b.ecollects

Reaction score
I don't know much about the history of Pelissier and Sons, but the bottle does have a beaver embossed on the bottom, so I'm assuming it's a Canadian bottle. On the back, it says "This bottle is our property any charge made therefore simply covers its use while containing goods bottled by us and must be returned when empty". Quite the mouthful. Any information on this bottle or company would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220322_153544.jpg
    20220322_153544.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20220322_153551.jpg
    20220322_153551.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20220322_153610.jpg
    20220322_153610.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 99

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think the word "Winnipeg" is a better indicator of it being Canadian than the beaver is haha! I don't know anything about Pelessier & Son specifically, I think they were one of the smaller Winnipeg bottlers. That long warning text is something you see on a lot of Winnipeg bottles, usually I see the bottles with it described as beer bottles but some Hutchinsons have it too and I'm not sure if those were ever used for beer. I'm not sure why all the Winnipeg bottlers were using that warning text around that period and why very few used large lettering to identify the company name. I assume there must be some story behind it.

b.ecollects

Reaction score
I think the word "Winnipeg" is a better indicator of it being Canadian than the beaver is haha! I don't know anything about Pelessier & Son specifically, I think they were one of the smaller Winnipeg bottlers. That long warning text is something you see on a lot of Winnipeg bottles, usually I see the bottles with it described as beer bottles but some Hutchinsons have it too and I'm not sure if those were ever used for beer. I'm not sure why all the Winnipeg bottlers were using that warning text around that period and why very few used large lettering to identify the company name. I assume there must be some story behind it.

Lol yeah, I should have picked up on that. I'll have to do more research on my part. To me, the long warning text is what caught my attention at first. I haven't seen as long of a warning text on a bottle before. Again, I'll do more research on my part and comment it on this post.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Lol yeah, I should have picked up on that. I'll have to do more research on my part. To me, the long warning text is what caught my attention at first. I haven't seen as long of a warning text on a bottle before. Again, I'll do more research on my part and comment it on this post.
Yeah the long warning text is definitely distinctive for those Winnipeg bottles, I've never seen warning text like that from anywhere else. Most other places just wrote "This bottle not to be sold" or something similar.

RCO

Reaction score
I don't know much about the history of Pelissier and Sons, but the bottle does have a beaver embossed on the bottom, so I'm assuming it's a Canadian bottle. On the back, it says "This bottle is our property any charge made therefore simply covers its use while containing goods bottled by us and must be returned when empty". Quite the mouthful. Any information on this bottle or company would be greatly appreciated.

bottle is from Winnipeg Manitoba , don't see alot of manitoba bottles this way .

they put the extra writing on bottle to prevent other bottlers from stealing or reusing there bottle , pretty sure it dates from 1900's-10's era . does seem to have only been done to winnipeg bottles from that era and then stopped doing it as this style of bottle wasn't used anymore over time

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora