People Watching

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

towhead

Reaction score
I have seen one once, crossing the road I live on [:eek:]....This pic is from a Trail Cam....JS captured this photo of a mountain lion, or cougar, about 20 miles north of Floodwood MN (near Duluth) on Aug. 20. [/align] [/align][/align]

5137D3A01DA84D95AFB71D164DB3863D.jpg

Attachments

• 5137D3A01DA84D95AFB71D164DB3863D.jpg
    5137D3A01DA84D95AFB71D164DB3863D.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 81

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. You probably have a milder winter, right? I will be glad when it gets cooler only because of the mosquitos. They're killing me! I look like I have chickenpox. Feels like it too. Julie, that picture is awesome. It gives me chills. I wonder how big that cat is!

RedGinger

Reaction score
They've been saying there are no mountain lions here, but lots of people have seen them.

towhead

Reaction score
Yes, "they" tell us there arent any around Duluth either....Well, I know there is, and the Trail Cam guy knows....[;)]

Males average seven feet long (from nose to the tip of its tail) and weigh around 140 pounds, while females average six feet in length with a body weight around 95 pounds.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Laur,

They say (PA Game Comm) that they haven't brought in coyotes a few years back. Friend of mine brought in a Wyoming Game tag from the ear of one he killed here in NW Penn. PA Game Comm had no answers. Maybe it hopped a train or hitched across I-80? So, why do we suddenly have mountain lions? The timber companies and insurance companies do not want the deer. Result = lowest deer herd in decades and "there are no mountain lions in Penn." Funny thing, the local paper has printed pictures of them. More commies like the BLM?

RedGinger

Reaction score
Tom, I believe they imported the coyotes and mountain lions, but Joe's Mom told me a story of the mountain lions being here when she was little. She would see them in the trees. Very creepy. She was always in danger walking home from school and was told to hurry home every day. So, they were here then and now they're mixed with some foreign ones. I wonder why they are covering it up. It does suck for the deer, but why the conspiracy? There were lots of coyotes when I lived in NH. They were fine, but it was no fun being woken up by their scary sounds in the middle of the night!

bottle34nut

Reaction score
here in northwest new jersey we have a big problem with the black bears. there is no hunt for them and they are breeding out of control. some years are worse than others, but i have had four different bears in my garbage on a given night. they would frequently knock over my grill when when i was cooking at night and went inside to wait for the food to be ready. really pretty scary, but no one has ever been attacked by a black bear in new jersey. and these bears are huge. upwards of 600+ pounds because they survive on garbage. kinda crazy but you learn to live with them, be aware of them. ohh and by the way, i think one was shot in pennsy just over the delaware river that was over 1000 pounds. they love the restaurant garbage. greg

jesster

Reaction score
great, now i can add bear to the list of things i don't want to run into around here.
1. skunk
2. snakes
3. possum

jesster

Reaction score
4.ticks
5. hornets

did i mention skunks? I just get the feeling I'm going to be digging in a hole one day and a pissed off skunk will give me a face full of stink.

Dugout

Reaction score
My Uncle has a motion sensative camera he puts up in the hills and has gotten several pictures of mountain lions. He said they cross the same place at the same time each month. And there are houses not far off. This is in the Black Hills of S.D. And they have also found a lion which was collared here, in the Chicago area his past year. We have also seen them here on the plains. If there is one around the cattle are very nervous. The cattle won't even go to their feed in the winter if one has been around. They are definitly getting thicker. Just part of the plan. Renee

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks