People Watching

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
A few years ago a bear was wandering right off main street behind the TACO BELL here in CEDARTOWN GA. Quite a sight in a small town! IT was shot with a tranquilizer gun and the sad part is it died .Too much tranquilizer ,TACO BELL FOOD ,HEART ATACK AT SEEING SO MANY UGLY CEDARTOWN HUMANS ,NO ONE KNOWS!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Yeah we had a lot of run in ins with the black bruins.Just last week my dad got his bird feeder crushed by a 400 pound blackie.He takes his bird feeders inside at night now.[:D]

RedGinger

Reaction score
Oops that was me up there, forgot to sign in.

capsoda

Reaction score
Great story Laur. Black bears are a little easyer to get along with than hteir bigger cousins out west. I was lucky enough to get a good close look at a panther (mountian lions are called panthers down south) one time. A noise woke me at 2am and I went to check it out. It was out back so I crept to the back door and opened it very slowly, easly, quietly and looked through the screen door. Didn't see a thing so I nelt down and opened the screen. I opened it just enough to slip out for a quick look and as I did so I flipped on the back floods and was nose to nose with a young male panther. He let out a blood curdling scream and so did I. We both flipped backward and rapidly went in oppsite directions. I could have ducked back in side but I was very busy scrambling around the other side of the house. I have seen many since but not quite as close. Like Joe I have developed a since for seeing animals before they see me since that night. [;)]

karis66

Reaction score
I have seen my share of bears up here ,We have a bear den on our lower 50 acres We have neighbors that raise blueberry's they love this part of town, I will look to see if i can find my pic of them and post them

Kari

glass man

Reaction score
When my brother in law was around ten years old and his family live way out in the country,he was walking home from his brothers house right at dusk. He saw something on his right in the brush keeping pace with him . He finally seen it was a panther stalking him. Luckaly he was close enough to the house he made it without the cat getting him.It was one of the scariest moments of his childhood. I have heard that a panther sounds like a woman screaming instead of a roar. I don't know if that is true or not,but have heard a sound like that camping out before.- when a kid,of course late at night as a kid in the woods the imagination can run wild.

madman

Reaction score
yo laur, i dont have problems with bears, snakes, mountain lions, just bugs and there giant, the hornets wasps and yellowjackets, are keepin me out of the the dump, when winter comes im gonna blow up this forum, lol! great story mike

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks