Pepsi Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jblaylock

Reaction score
Re: RE: Pepsi Bottle

Finally found the Lefty. After a lot of diligent searching, I finally found this one. I'm getting more convinced that these are more rare than I originally thought. It has a little case wear. It'd like to get this one professionally cleaned, who does a good job at this?
IMG_20131103_090751359.jpg
IMG_20131103_090801880.jpg
IMG_20131103_090909310.jpg

lblackvelvet

Reaction score

Congrats on the lefty, I have looked at several hundred Pepsi bottles since this thread started with no luck at finding a lefty. Please keep us posted on any further research you find on your bottle. Thanks, Kevin....

jblaylock

Reaction score

I'm starting to think that thought we've seen/heard about more lefty bottles as of now, it may be more rare that the diamond Pepsi bottle. There has to be a mold for these bottles. That means there was a lefty mold. No other brand uses this swirl bottle, let alone the lefty swirl. However, the diamond bottle pattern is used for Patio, so its more likely to find more of them with the Pepsi logo, but we don't know how many were made. I still feel like the diamond bottle is result of misprint/over stock or some other intentional act. In short, it's easier to make that bottle with the Pepsi logo as the mold was there for Patio, but the Lefty, the mold was either a mistake, or maybe some prototype, we'll likely never know.

iggyworf

Reaction score

Good job on that bottle! All mine swirl the other way. I wonder if the red dots around the neck are on any of the others like that? I don't know how much it would be to have that cleaned but good luck and great find.

jblaylock

Reaction score

iggyworf said:
Good job on that bottle! All mine swirl the other way. I wonder if the red dots around the neck are on any of the others like that? I don't know how much it would be to have that cleaned but good luck and great find.

From what I've seen all the lefties have the red dots. But there are a lot of regulars the have the red dots.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen