PERFECT BOTTLE!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
A while back I sold my old 22 rifle cause I needed a bottle fix and have no extra money in the forseeable future and beyond! I bought a teal green umbrella ink[pontiled] 1st . Yesterday I got my second bottle: aqua,pontiled,LYON'S,KATHAIORN ,FOR THE HAIR,NEW YORK. NOT a rare bottle by any means,BUT has to be one of the BEST EXAMPLES KNOWN,DON'T GET ANY BETTER! Shiney mint,whittled,crude lip,etc. PERFECT! Couple of questions ,is this LYON'S the same that made the bug poison bottles? Guessing from "KATHAIORN" it sounds like it was supposed to make hair stronger?[kathaIORN] If any one has info on what it was supposed to do [maybe an ad. or a label] I will thank you much! GOD BLESS ALL! [&:] OH yeah age?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
There were a lot of odd names for hair treatments... kathiron, tricopherous, etc
Not where they came up with them. Wouldnt suprise me if they were just made up.
Patent medicine sellers often used a lot of obscure and archaic words to make thier ads seem more important and scientific.

Dont think those scammers were rooted out in the 19th century though. They are going as strong as ever today with energy drinks and head-on wax to cure your headaches. As long as people are not sceptical and vigilant quacks will always sell thier products.

KentOhio

Reaction score
I think it was the same Lyon who made the bug powder. Both brands were sold by D.S. Barnes in New York.

Road Dog

Reaction score
For the Ladies. It restores the hair after it has fallen out; invigorates and beautifies it, giving it rich, glossy appearance and imparts a delightful perfume.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4