perfume????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggershawn

Reaction score
I have a what seems to be a perfume bottle. It says "roger and gallet" Has a round sybol with initials then says "paris" below. It has a glass lid, glass valve, and glass stem. Clear glass. Mint codition. I found it a few days ago

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Shawn, Roger & Gallet is a perfume company that started in Paris in 1862. It's still very much in business, so there's going to be old and new bottles out there. If you could provide a better description, and perhaps where/how you got it. ie, did you dig it or find it on a shelf in a shop?

olddump

Reaction score
Sure is a perfume there's a load of RODGER and GALLET bottles in many shapes and sizes, all nice bottles though. On the bottom there may be initials of the bottler. Norm I have to type faster[:D] Tom

diggershawn

Reaction score
It is rectangle shaped. About 4 1/2 inches high The lid is round with swirls. The glass is plain other then the raised writing. The bottom is rough with etched looks like rays coming off a sun. I found it in the same sight i've dug for 30 years.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Digger - go to perfume.com web site, they have a section that has a time line of perfume bottle shapes from ancient times to current. If you dug it, it may be collectible - theres a ton of collectors out there who specialize in perfumes! I also did a search on the company name, believe me as I said before, there's more info than you probably want! lol Happy searchin'

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey Roger, I agree, my google menu is ALWAYS open at the top of the page when I'm on the forum! That's why I keep incouraging a lot of the new visitors to do the searches, my father told me a long time ago - that you appreciate something more if you have a personal investment (time or $) in it. But now you've let the cat out of the bag, the new guys thought we had all this knowledge in our heads! lol - Follow up - Whoa! I didn't want to infer that one should look past the 'search' from the Forum menu's, that's where I've found a lot of past conversations that are still helpful today.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Hey, Norm . . .

I don't think a google-search is what Roger had in mind. There is a search engine on the forum that is way under-used (I confess, I don't use it enough).

That search feature is the closest thing we have here to a FAQ list. Not using the search feature is why we are constantly answering the same questions about round-bottom ginger ales, whiskey bottles with "Federal Law Prohibits...", Codd bottles, and so on.

I suppose that telling a newbie to "search" for an answer makes the forum less personal, less friendly, and denies us the opportunity to show off our knowledge (again). Nonetheless, the archived threads are a useful resource, and I think that is what Roger had in mind.

----------Harry Pristis

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Harry, take another look at my post, I edited it to include the forum's search menu in my response! Thanks for the 'gentle' reminder Roger & Harry! lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman