Peter Dawson Distillers-anyone with info?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dibdib

Reaction score
I found this exact same bottle today near the site of a wealthy estate (~1850s). Any one out there have info about it's history or contents?

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: dibdib

I found this exact same bottle today near the site of a wealthy estate (~1850s). Any one out there have info about it's history or contents?
look straight up 2 posts...[8|]

dibdib

Reaction score
Ahh, I thought that was referring to the colbalt blue bottle in the back of the other pic. Thx!

luckiest

Reaction score
I have dug these on teens-twenties sites here in canada, I don't think they are much older then that.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jonny,

I think you're about right. The earliest mention of them that I could find was 1898. They were blenders.

0991183.gif
"REGISTERED REGISTERED: 1923-07-05 REGISTRANT: PETER DAWSON, LIMITED DUFFTOWN BANFFSHIRE SCOTLAND UNITED KINGDOM CURRENT OWNER: Diageo Brands B.V. Molenwerf 10-12 1014 BG Amsterdam NETHERLANDS REPRESENTATIVE FOR SERVICE: BERESKIN & PARR BOX 401 40 KING STREET WEST TORONTO ONTARIO M5H 3Y2 INTERESTED PARTIES OLD OWNER United Distillers & Vintners (SJ) B.V. 8 Henrietta Place London, W1G 0NB England UNITED KINGDOM OLD OWNER UDV (SJ) Limited 8 Henrietta Place London, W1G 0NB England UNITED KINGDOM TRADE-MARK: MARK DESCRIPTIVE REFERENCE: PETER DAWSON AND LABEL DESIGN TRADE-MARK DESCRIPTION: The words PETER DAWSON "SPECIAL" SCOTCH WHISKY PETER DAWSON LTD., DISTILLERS, DUFFTOWN & GLASGOW. PRODUCE OF SCOTLAND. BY APPOINTMENT TO HIS MAJESTY THE KING OF SPAIN. TRADE MARK MARK BLUE BELL. These words are placed as follows: The word PETER is spelled in capital letters immediately over the capital D of DAWSON which is also printed in capital letters at the top of the label. Underneath the word DAWSON the word SPECIAL is printed in capital letters in red. Underneath the word "SPECIAL" the words SCOTCH WHISKY are printed in capital letters. Underneath the words SCOTCH WHISKY is the facsimile signature of PETER DAWSON, with the letters LTD. printed underneath. Still further underneath the signature is the word DISTILLERS, then under that the words DUFFTOWN & GLASGOW. Under this address are the three words PRODUCE of SCOTLAND. On the left hand bottom corner the words BY APPOINTMENT TO HIS MAJESTY THE KING OF SPAIN are printed in blue around a copy of the Spanish Royal Arms representation which is also delineated in blue. On the right hand bottom corner are the words TRADE MARK and BLUE BELL printed in blue respectively on the left, right and under a delineation in blue of the BLUE BELL plant, with three blossoms. Except as hereinbefore stated, all the printing is in jet black." From Digger Odell.

"In 1922, the company was reconstructed under the supervision of Sir James Calder and was under the ownership of a group of blenders, Macdonald Green, Peter Dawson and James Watson. In 1923-4, the distillery operated under the name Peter Dawson Ltd. In 1925, the Distiller Company Limited (DCL) bought the remaining shares of the company and transferred the distillery to its subsidiary Scottish Malting Distillers Ltd (SMD) in 1930. The distillery was silent during World War II and remained under the management of SMD until 1987 when SMD was integrated into United Distillers Ltd, following the acquisition of the DCL by Guiness." From.

balmenach_distillery.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen