Petzold's Bitters wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

radamwarner

Reaction score
I have always liked this bottle and if anyone has one for sale let me know. I also collect cures and about 100 examples. If you have any to sell let me know.
David

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi David and welcome to the forum !
Are you looking for a particular mold variant ? I have had several of these in the past , and only have one that was from my Grandfathers collection ( which isn't for sale ) currently. But , I will keep my eyes open for a Petzold's for you.
In the mean time , here's a link to a Petzold's listed on ebay if you might be interested in one at auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=890&item=6145868999&rd=1
Hope this helps , Brian

radamwarner

Reaction score
Hey Brian,
Thanks for the reply. I am not looking for any particular varient-I did not there were varients. How much would be a fair price,if you know) for one? I saw the one on Ebay you mentioned and it will probably go for much more than typical as it's a celebrity bottle of sorts. Hope all is well with you in the beautiful state of Tennessee.
David

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
David ,
There are 7 different mold variants in the Petzold's German Bitters line all are simular in shape. There is a larger size at approx 10 1/2" tall and a smaller size at approx. 7 1/2" tall . And there are 5 embossing/mold variants of the larger size and 2 embossing/mold variants of the smaller size . They are rated from common to rare in rarity. But it is my experience that the smaller size variants are harder to come by than the larger size.
The larger size usually run in the 125.00 - 145.00 range and the smaller variants in the 145.00 - 175.00 range give or take a few bucks. And that is in a Medium amber coloration......and of course they would run more $$$$ in odd color variants ( Yellow , or Olive tone for example ). Or as you mentioned , if they were of such fame as ex Carlyn Ring bottle !!!!!
Brian

radamwarner

Reaction score
Hey Brian,
Thanks for the information. I am not a bitters collector-cures are my fancy but I have always thought the bottle to be beautiful. I am starting a collection of bottles and jars just for the purpose to look at. If you see if the larger version at a decent price, please let me know and let me know if there is anything I can be on the look out for you. Imagine owning the bottle that Carlyn Ring had wow=)
David

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
David ,
I will keep my eyes open for you a decent priced Petzold's !
I'm always looking for Color and mold variants of the Drake's Plantation Bitters. So if you run across any good ones give me a holler. Brian

radamwarner

Reaction score
Brian-
There was a man who used to advertise for colored Bitters and his name was Tony Shank from Marion SC, I believe. He had numerous contact I was told and if he still collects, it might be worth looking him up. I will try to locate his address and number.
David

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
David ,
I'd appreciate it ! I bought several Bitters from an ederly gentlmen at the Knoxville Show last June . And it seemed he said he was from Marion , S.C. . But I can't recall his name. Maybe the same person . Well , anyway if you locate his number or address .....Please do drop me a line with it. Thanks , Brian

radamwarner

Reaction score
I hope you received my email with the information about the bitters guy, if not let me know.
David

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1