Picked up these at the Pompton Lakes NJ Bottle Show 11/14/2021

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
Would you place the age in the 1870's? Yours are nice too. I like that huge bubble. It gives the bottle lots of character.

Brent
The style of bottle suggests 1870s but it's easy to be fooled. I have a Cunningham, Phila of the same style with 1893 embossed on the bottom which is surely the date and surprise to me.

BrentC

Reaction score
The style of bottle suggests 1870s but it's easy to be fooled. I have a Cunningham, Phila of the same style with 1893 embossed on the bottom which is surely the date and surprise to me.

That is interesting. I have heard of some bottle manufacturers using an older style top.

Brent

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
That is interesting. I have heard of some bottle manufacturers using an older style top.

Brent
I like knowing the age of my bottles. Some styles reveal their age but there are exceptions. The porter style usually called a "squat" by collectors was common in the early years but lost it's popularity after 1880 replaced by the higher capacity 9 inch "champagne beer" style. But around the turn of the century the porter "squat" style regained popularity with bottlers, there are even crown top versions of the early 1900s. I suspect it was nostalgia for the good old days, a marketing tool.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I like knowing the age of my bottles. Some styles reveal their age but there are exceptions. The porter style usually called a "squat" by collectors was common in the early years but lost it's popularity after 1880 replaced by the higher capacity 9 inch "champagne beer" style. But around the turn of the century the porter "squat" style regained popularity with bottlers, there are even crown top versions of the early 1900s. I suspect it was nostalgia for the good old days, a marketing tool.
Exception to every rule, not surprised. Thanks for that information. Makes sense.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85