pics of digging area

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crystal200020

Reaction score
Hi, My house was built in 1801, Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should look to dig. I'm on a private lot in the woods..........

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Its a bit hard to date that house from just that one photo but from the general appearance I'd say it looks like its from 1900 +/- 20yrs.
It looks like it had a main section then a wing was added on later.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hi Rhona, From what I can tell from your pic, the style of siding used and the porch overhang it was built in the late 1800s. Get me a few more pics and post them or email them to me and I will be able to tell you more.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi gunther hess, yes it does look like it might cave in. but as long as i can get the bottles 1st. hi wayne, thanks for looking, this on a hill over looking the patapsco river, there is always the chesapeake bay[;)]. diggerbryan, i let you know tomorow how many chimney's. thanks for the warning on the poison ivy, to excited to notice. warren , it would be nice if they would all pop up in the spring like tulips. hi crkgrl, i did notice a stone fondation on the lower side of the house. i hope to get more pics. tomorow of the frt. hi mike, that olive oil bottle came from there, i just have to dig deeper. thanks everyone for looking and thoughts on this. rhona

crkgrl

Reaction score
Stone foundation makes it pre 1920, (probably). Check out any light fixtures, interior trim and door knobs and post pics if you can. that would narrow it down, with the early 1900's having specific features that would not be evident pre. Hey this is almost as much fun as bottle hunting.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85