Pictures of the "MotherLoad"!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Alexis143

Reaction score
OK Guys you asked for it....
Pictures of the motherload- These may not be at all of any monetary value, but I think they are extremely cool and they are indeed treasure :)
Here we go!

This is the whole motherload all together...
83636655408_0_ALB.jpg

Tin cup and saucer- Don't think they are a pair, but they are definately of the same set. The cup is a little big to fit on the saucer properly. (I love tin cups, they remind me of my grandma!)
14636655408_0_ALB.jpg

Ohhkayyy.....
Going from Left to Right:
#1 is an Owens-Illinois circa 1936, plant #2. (6 in date code has no period and is a single 6 to the right of the diamond-circle oval thingie mark) Would love to know what came in this? pop or beer?

#2: a beautiful wonderful SKINNY bottle- very thick...reminds me of a hair tonic. Bottom shows no suction scar (and I am sure too late for a pontil). Appears to have an applied band. Key mold- probably a blown in mold. (again I am a novice and could be COMPLETELY wrong but I am for sure there is no suction/ejector marks on the bottom and darn sure of the key mold- seams on opposite corners, no seam on band.)

#3: This one is great. That brown stuff inside- is actual contents. Mangled cork still in the top, half rotten but hey, it's still there. mark on back is 3i . probably some kind of medicine bottle. The stuff inside was half liquid, the top half has hardened into this resin sort of crap- smells wierd, woody almost like witch hazel and mineral spirits mixed together. Suction scar on bottom as well as <I> mark (Illinois glass??? Letter I inside of diamond.>

#4: Clueless on this one as well. Threaded external top, though not a complete modern spiral thread- just some bumps on the outside that would secure a lid with indentations. Keyed mold, seam all the way to the top. Suction scar and <I> marking again with the number 10 underneath it.

71678516408_0_ALB.jpg

Again, from Left to Right:

#1: Bottle from post "mystified by numbers on bottom"- wierd cause looks like a blown in mold (vertical seams on side) but also has bands on top and bottom of bottle- probably just decoration. Applied band, just some numbers on the bottom (2903?).

#2: Welch's Junior bottle!! I love this one! front says welch's, back says junior. Just a simple F on the bottom, Fairmont glass in MD. :)

#3: Baby Listerine Bottle!! I think we all enjoy when we find something where we can easily identify what the contents were! and how awesome, to see an old listerine bottle.

#4: ahhh bromo-seltzer. These ones are great. The top is stuck on, not sure if I'm going to try to get it off or not. it's half full of liquid. The last time I opened and emptied a found bottle of it's contents it was old kerosene and I had a horrible headache for the rest of the day. Be Careful!!!

22678516408_0_ALB.jpg

L to R

#1: Assuming this is another medicine bottle. seam on lip. Back marking has measures, top says 3ii and increments down either side. bottom has suction scar and says D with a small 2 to the right of it.

#2: Keyed Mold. Seam on lip. Bottom has suction scar and no other markings whatsoever. No threading on lip, looks like it was made for some sort of stopper.

#3: Externally threaded top- back mark is 3ii. Duraglas on bottom of back, bottom says OWENS with the owens mark, plant 5, date code 2 (no period, single digit...1932?).

#4: Hooray for Liquor bottles! Easily Identifiable!! (maybe!) Has "Federal Law Prohibits..." embossing. Bottom: Continental Dist Corp D-18 (B in a circle) 14-7 5 PHILA. PA
I just thought this one was cool looking :)

42678516408_0_ALB.jpg

Okay next
L-R

#1: Beer/Pop bottle?? Just a 3 on the bottom, suction scar, seams all the way up. Metal band still attached to top.
#2: Mentholatum Milk Glass!!! This one still had the petroleum jelly inside and still actually smells faintly of menthol. :) It just amazes me how this stuff can sit for 80 years and still be THERE!
#3: "Bronchi-Liptus for cough". Suction scar on bottom. This one is half full of liquid also, cap is rusted on.
#4: Lavoris embossed on top. My mom has told me she remembers Lavoris being THE mouthwash before Listerine became popular. Bottom says Lavoris Chemical Corp Minneapolis MN
#5: Squibb embossed on top. Maybe Squibb Mineral Oil?? Threaded top. bottom markings are US PAT 87411 Bottle made in usa

62678516408_0_ALB.jpg

Allright I have two more pictures but I'm done for now...It's getting late, even over here in Alaska.

Enjoy the pics! I know I certainly enjoyed finding all of these treasures!!!!!!

~*Alexis*~

thturk

Reaction score
HI,

Go back and edit your post and then put a check mark in the embed picture in post. That way they"ll be displayed for us all to see! Try to cut the pictures down (in picture editor) to under 200kb so they'll fit the web page better. Hope this helps.

Trish

P.S. Gosh I love your enthusiasm!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli