Pink depression jumbo jar?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I never did see a pink Jumbo jar Dan , I would say that it is a repop , being the seven ounce has been reproduced . I have a cobalt blue one somewhere put up .

LC

Reaction score
In all my years of collecting and dealing with Jumbo jars , all the Jumbo jars I came in contact with were clear . The seven ounce has been reproduced in several colors I believe . The only jumbo item I have ever came in contact other than being clear was the figural green Jumbo elephant banks . That does not mean that there is one I have never seen , but I would more or less bet the bank as to there being any original Jumb jars that were other than clear .

digginthedog

Reaction score
There is an aqua one pounder JUMBO listed in the redbook, I agree that clear seems to be the rule, I have a pop bottle circa 30's in the same pinkish color, so it could be possible I guess, I have never seen the repo jars, did they do them in different sizes ??... I have seen amberish JUMBO'S on ebay, but think they were nuked or something. John

accountantadam

Reaction score
I just dont know...all the repro jars I've seen are more opaque (spelling?). I've seen some jadeite ones, but you coudn't see through them. SCA could be a possibility. I agree, everything I've seen that I knew was old was clear, except the green bank. I may take a shot on it, unless it skyrockets here soon. Wouldn't be out much at the current price

LC

Reaction score
If there is an aqua one , I would like to see it John , a Jumbo would definitely look good in aqua .

Dan , the only Jumbo jar I have ever heard of as for being reproduced is the seven ounce size . I had three different seven ounce cobalt blue Jumbos , I kept one , or at least I think I still have it somewhere , and sold the other two for fifteen dollars each . That was back in the early eighties , I am guessing of course. They might sell for quite a bit today , I have never seen one sell since I had the ones I had . If I was going to buy one of them , I would pay as little as possible to get one . But there again that is my opinion .

glass man

Reaction score
Depression glass I have seen in pink..is very obviously pink....the jar in the picture is not that...I tend to think like Joe maybe just a touch of sca....JAMIE

creeper71

Reaction score
If my memory is correct I seen same type of jar at auction so I did quick research an it was a repro jar

dollarbill

Reaction score
I'd say Joes right or its in the nature of that batch of glass to throw out a little pink hue .Seems awhile back I had a couple of Jumbo jars that had a slight pink hue to them when the light hits them the right way, But in all truth they were clear.I have also had a bunch of LAMB fruit jars that had that pink hue .But I would'nt call them pink they were clear also.
Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS