play in the sand

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Hey you guys i am leaving for florida tommorow morning at 6 am for 10 days and i was wondering if there was anything besides luck to finding some treasures on the beach without a metal detector or a probe........any thoughts would help

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
maybe i will put on some goggles and dive some old peirs.....how much does renting a tank of oxygen cost? (about)

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey RE. You have to be certified in SCUBA (with a card) before anyone will rent you a tank of air. There are many variables that could get an untrained diver in trouble. Mainly depth and bottom time. Though pier diving probably wouldn't be deep enough to hurt you, it's still nothing you should do without training. There will be numerous dive shops on the coast that will give you the certification that you need if you have the money. Since you got 10 days, check it out. Diving is a lot of fun![:D] Kelley

PS. Never dive alone.

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
hey just had a brain storm - I know how I could dive fairly shallow piers for longer time between breaths...I could get one of those mini beach balls, tie it around my wrist, and, whenever i ran out of air, i could open it and get another breath of air.....not much, but i could get 2 to 3 times the amount of time spent underwater.....what do you guys think?

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
You will be breathing contaminated air. This is also a no no.

diggerjeff

Reaction score
most dive shops will let you dive in controlled environment.less than 20 feet or so, with a 45 min. video training. this might be a possability for you.

Toxic_Waste

Reaction score
hahaha...I was just picturing in my mind somebody trying to dive underwater holding an inflated beach ball! Oh, that reminds me of something that has always puzzled me about mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. If we exhale carbon dioxide, then how can we be filling a victim's lungs with enough oxygen to save their life? I guess the answer is even when we exhale, there is always enough oxygen to support life. Sorry, I'm rambling ... I have been up watching a poison bottle auction on e-bay. It's gonna end in 10 minutes and I am going to try and win. Bye .....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.