Please Help!! Identify this bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tripper

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was hopeing to find out some information about this bottle, circ. value, any history. I have been told it is an old Gin bottle, I.A.I. Nolet, Schiedam, Netherlands, approx 1880, but can't seem to find anything else, Why is it so strange looking?. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Heaps!!!..

Tr49678.jpg

diggerjeff

Reaction score
it is called a pinch or pinch waist type bottle. i am not sure why it is pinched ,but it sure reduces the volume of the contents. we have other members that will be able to tell you more about it . be patient and your questions will all be answered.

tripper

Reaction score
Hi Diggerjeff. Thanks for your advise, already, you have told me something I didn't know. Thank you.

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi Tripper,
Diggerjeff is correct, this is a pinch waist gin and could be a very rare bottle. I have recently sold an Ervan Bols pinch waist on eBay although I cannot remember how much I got for it. The guy who bought it lives in the Netherlands and he has probably the largest collection of gins in the world. I don't have access to eBay at the moment so I cannot give you more details. He did send me an email to let me know how many different pinch waist gins were about. He did not mention IAI Nolet, this may be an oversight or he hasn't heard of it. Ervan Bols is rare but the most common of them, followed by Daniel Visser (much rarer), with the rarest being Loolpyoot or something similar. I will have a look when I get home tonight and give you some more info.
Nice bottle though, and probably worth quite a bit.
Cheers Alan

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi Again Tripper,
Some more info. I sold my Ervan Bols for about $AU450.00. I was a little disappointed as mine was mint and still had portions of the label. A Daniel Visser sold at a auction in Oz for about $AU 650.00 (it was nowhere near the condition of mine). I was hoping to get around $AU600.00 for mine as any of the pinch waist gins are very rare in Oz. Still, nothing like eBay to set an international value for a bottle.
I have not kept the email address of the guy in the Netherlands however his eBay user name is petemill, you should be able to contact him via eBay to get more info on your bottle. Hope this has been some help to you.
Cheers Alan

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi tripper !
The person that kumtow is refering to is : Peter Vermeulen and he is a very knowledgeable Gin Collector. I have his email address if you'd like to contact him about your bottle.
I have contacted another Gin Collector ( Ron Ransake )about your bottle and I'm currently waiting for a reply . And when he replies I will pass the info on to you . Brian

tripper

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, I really appreciate your time. I will email the guy from ebay and see if he can also be of great help. Thanks again...

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi tripper !
Here's what Ron Rasnake had to say about your bottle : Hi Brian, The pinch waist shoulder seal I.A.I. NOLET SCHIEDAM bottles are scarce to very scarce. They are generally classified with case gins, although I suspect these relativly expensive to produce bottles originally contained a more highly refined liqueur, not gin. I can't give you a definite value, because these don't come up for sale very often. What I will do is give you some actual prices that similar bottles have sold for at auction. DANIEL VISSER & ZONEN SCHIEDAM - $100 / ERVEN LUCAS BOLS AMSTERDAM w/partial label - $195. I hope this information is of some help. Best regards, Ron Rasnake
Brian

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn