please help...not sure what they are!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

debstx1

Reaction score
I am in need of some help. I am going through some boxes that were passed down to me and I found 2 bottles that I have learned (thru reading) that they are flask. I think they are "light" amber in color...1 side has an eagle with the letters TWD underneath the eagle and on the other side there is a ship with the word FRANKLIN and a dot behind it. Oh yeah, there is a L or a 7 on the bottom part that it sits on. I have no clue what they are worth, should I keep them or garage sale them. They are very pretty tho. PLEASE can anyone help...it is driving me nuts.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Is there any chance you could show us some pics??

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I am by no means an expert on historical flasks, but I know from what you've told us so far they could be very valuable IF they are not reproductions..

debstx1

Reaction score
Sure if you can tell me how to post/add them. I also found 4 bottles/flask in boxes (original boxes) that say from wheaton glass, but these bottles are: Benjamin Franklin, Lovel Haise Swigert, Douglas MacArthur, & Thomas Edison....the boxes also say...Commemorative Decanter...? They are brightly colored except one is a redish color.
Thanks.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Wheaton glass works makes historical reproductions. Here's an example:

http://www.sweetdreamscreations.1shoppal.com/commemorative.html

debstx1

Reaction score
Looking at the two old flask, they are either light amber or greenish....I can't tell.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Are there bubbles in the glass? Is there a round spot on the bottom of them that appears to be broken?

debstx1

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting the pictures to up load. It keeps telling me that the file is too large. Can you tell me how to do it?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
To take pics for the forum, I set my digital camera to the lowest resolution. Those pics fit into the posts..

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93