PLEASE HELP UNIQUE !!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbles78

Reaction score
I am searching for information on an old coke bottle ( historical and approximate value ). I appologize my photos are not the best. The bottle is light green in color with a very unique shape. On the top of the bottle there are raised stars embedded in the glass that encircle the neck of the bottle. On the bottom of the bottle reads coca-cola bottling co. Nebraska City, Nebraska. This is the only wording that appears on the bottle. Any information available would be truly appreciated. Thank you for your time!
[8|]

Ca82931.jpg

Picture cropped - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Pontiled

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps much, but during the late 1950's my father had a Coca Cola machine that sold Cokes and the bottle like yours. They were called Crass soda bottles and were Coke's effort to sell other flavored bottles.

digdug

Reaction score
It looks like a "Flavor" bottle, or possibly a Soda Water bottle. Coca Cola bottling plants also produced different flavor drinks (like today). Lemon Lime, Root Beer, etc. Also, they sold soda water to bars and restaurants, etc. Although Soda Water bottles usually are marked with the words 'Soda Water'. Just from looking at it I would say from early 1900's to 1920's. There are some numbers on the side I could see in photo. But, can't make them out. Post all the numbers and letters on side and I might be able to tell exact year. Value-well hard to determine, but similar bottles sell for $5 to $20. It depends on rarity (How many made & for how long) and if the City listed on it is hard to find bottles from there. Hope this helped some!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Julie! Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the best bottle site on the face of the earth![:)] That's probably going to get me som flak from the members who have their own sites.[8D] Anyway, I believe your coke bottle is referred to as a 'Star Coke". My understanding is that coke bottled flavored drinks at some of their plants and distributed them in these type of bottles. Check the posts history in the users menu on the Forum home page with the search feature, I'm pretty sure we had a discussion about bottles like yours.

wootten

Reaction score
you may want to ask Mike Russell if it is in his book that he wrote-I agree to look thru old threads-any ideas how we should get these old threads back and running? Should we start over? wendy

Pontiled

Reaction score
Hi Julie,

I'm Mike Russell, see the first post answering this.

No, they're far too new for my book, sorry!

wootten

Reaction score
Julie-glad you are here-I just float-(hahah) I was hoping our digs were so $$$$$ worthy-but my bottles are beautiful and any help that I can give others helps me too-Mike Russell and others here know there stuff and they too are looking for $$-buttttttt-they help everyone when they can-they look stuff up-they research and advise -wow-hope this helps -wendy

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi this is a very common bottle, most say soda water on them, if not then it was a flavor bottle, held orange, grape, etc. etc. Most of these bottles have a 1923? Pat. date on them. Worth couple of bucks. The only bottles like yours that are sought after are the ones with designs on them. I've seen some with foxes. I have one from Mississippi with a Magnolia on all four sides. I've had one from Bogalusa, LA with a indian on it.
Robert
barqs19

kastoo

Reaction score
I've seen these bottles get up to 20 bucks though at Ebay.....I'd like to find one with animals andd stuff on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter