PMSS Co

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jap tin

Reaction score
I have an old whiskey that is embossed PMSS Co bottled by a p hotaling co san francisco cal. I have heard that PMSS was the pacific mail steam ship company. Is this correct ?

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Yep, you got it. Pacific Mail Steamship Co it is. Nice bottle, too

jap tin

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Mike. I dug it up in the 60's when my brother, dad, and myself were digging up the dumps and creak banks in our town. Crawled under a lot of old houses in our town as a kid also. Back then people didn't mind you diging up vacant lots and crawling under their houses. Do you know if there were any variants of the PMSS bottle ?
Thanks. ...Jon

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
The PMSS Co bottle comes in only one style, is always applied top, and usually red amber and heavily whittled. Will it be available? My collector specialty is A. P. Hotaling, his companies and products.

jap tin

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Mike. Yea, that discription nails it. I was wondering if there might have been some flasks produced along with the fifth. Thanks for the offer, if I did get rid of it it would be nice for it to go into a collection like yours.
...Jon

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I have owned 2 PMSSs over the years. I sure wish there was a flask, but to my knowledge none were ever made. Who knows what is buried out there, though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles