Poison Books

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

idigjars

Reaction score
Hello All, I would like to purchase the Rudy Kuhn poison workbooks. I know there are #1 & #2, are there more? Are there other/newer/better poison books out that have the same kind of reference numbers?

I would like to have something for reference on poison bottles and maybe learn a thing or two about them also. Does anybody have extra copies of poison books for sale? If not, what could I expect to pay somewhere else?

Please let me know, email me or post here. Thank you and Best regards! Paul

bottlediger

Reaction score
Paul, I tried to get both of the Kuhn book and also the American bottle club's poison book over christmas both seem to be sold out [:mad:] Let me know if you have better luck!

Digger Ry

Britbottles

Reaction score
There is a brand new poison book out. 'Deadly Pleasures' by Guy Burch (that's me by the way!). 180 pages with 100s 0f B&W pictures, 24 full colour pages and huge ammount of research on British Poisons but also including lots of American items. Published by BBR Auctions (www.onlinebbr.com). ISBN 978 0 9560241 0 7

alan blakeman

Reaction score
DEADLY PLEASURES by Guy Burch & Alan Blakeman is one of our best ever publications, following many years diligent research and photography of items included.

The information is hugely condensed backed up with thorough factual research (correcting much information), patent specifications and drawings, lavishly illustrated. Past auction prices and Alan Blakeman

Available (still) in hardback £30 and softback £24.

Air Mail p & p is £20

You can use Paypal to: sales@onlinebbr.com as a 'personal payment'

To view the full BBR booklist go to: www.onlinebbr.com - and click on the books button. Afraid the online booking facility is currently down - but the Paypal option is proving more popular anyway.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
If other sources are out of Kuhn's workbooks (I, II) try Terry directly. Info is here:
http://www.antiquebottles.com/books.html#KhunPoison
The 3rd workbook is available to APBCA members. Updates are given out with each newsletter.

If the APBCA is out of their book, well, there is no other source unless someone is selling theirs.

And of course, Digger Odell has his own book out as well.

I was considering getting Deadly Pleasures some months ago, but haven't had the money.
Also, a collector named Brian Thatcher is working on a book on English Poisons. He is one of the preimier collectors in that arena. Don't know when his book will be out, but I will let everyone know when I do.

alan blakeman

Reaction score
Brian was involved with the compilation of this title. He remains one of the top UK collectors ....

Don't think he is working on his book still ........... now this title is out ...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology