poison bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

brynbar

Reaction score
RE: poison bottles - flask pic #3

the base

Ki18773.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18773.jpg
    Ki18773.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 108

kingtynk

Reaction score
Hi,
I am wondering if anybody knows what the value of A 2 1/4" colbolt blue owl drug co. poison bottle? On one side it says poisonone side says owl drug co,and the third has the owl on it.

Jim

Reaction score
The 2 1/4" Owl is the smallest in the series. It is also a scarce size, worth $150-$200 if in good shape. It is a two-wing owl variety. Jim

Jim

Reaction score
Rex, that is a sweet little flask! I love the color. I don't have anything that early in my poison collection yet.

King, could you post a picture of your Owl? After I read your description again, that sounds like a one-winger. The two-wings are only embossed on two sides, and the 2 1/4" is only listed in two-wing. Could be a new discovery?? Thanks. Jim

Jim

Reaction score
Sorry Rex, I meant Brynbar. That's what I get for trying to do two things at once! But yes Rex, I would like to see your poisons as well. Jim

kingtynk

Reaction score
Thankyou very much for the info. I was thinking about buying this bottle but when I looked more into it I realized It had A chip on the lip of it. I used to have the 6 1/2" owl poison until someone decided they needed it more than me.
Thankyou

Jim

Reaction score
Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. Anyone who would steal a bottle like that from me would be wise to hide it AND himself, very far away, somewhere with no chance that I would EVER be able to find him! I see a lot of Owls with chipped up lips. Although still very collectible, a damaged one would only be worth a fraction of what a good one is worth. Still, I have seen lightly damaged smaller Owls on eBay bring 20, 30, even 40-50 bucks! This is a bottle that even non-poison collectors seem to enjoy. Good luck in finding one to replace yours. I wish I had an extra of any size, I would offer you a really good deal. Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28