Strange Poison Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
My son dug this strange poison yesterday...on the one side it looks like a standard Eli Lily KV-1 poison bottle, but instead of having the rounded back, it is a true diamond shape. I don't have the poison bottle book but can't recall having ever seen one before.

Attachments

• Poison12.jpg
    Poison12.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Poison11.jpg
    Poison11.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

nhpharm

Reaction score
Lots of lurkers here haha...149 views and not a single comment. Anyone seen one of these before?

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Lots of lurkers here haha...149 views and not a single comment. Anyone seen one of these before?
I'm not an expert in poison bottles so can't help. The 149 views however, I can explain. There are programs called archival bots/screenshot bots that surf the web and make backup copies of everything posted online. So if Antique-bottles.net ever goes away there will always be a perfect copy of the website still in existence that we can view on internet archive websites, even this comment will be preserved. The bots will keep visiting this page again and again recording all the changes and updating their respective archives. Many of the 149 views are simply these bots.

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Haven't seen that one before either, mine are kv with round back.
Think i have seen mention of it before, kd, on one of the poison collectors sites.
Must be at least scarce if not rare.

LITTLE RHODY

Reaction score
My son dug this strange poison yesterday...on the one side it looks like a standard Eli Lily KV-1 poison bottle, but instead of having the rounded back, it is a true diamond shape. I don't have the poison bottle book but can't recall having ever seen one before.
We have dug many of these in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. I think there is a rare one in cobalt blue.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip digswithstick! It's a KD-1. Certainly seems scarcer (and probably a bit earlier) than the KV-1's. I've dug many hundreds of KV-1's over the years. This is the first KD-1.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen