poison for auction

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Those are some sweet bottles! The 12-oz Friedgen is the one that was posted here about two months ago. I wondered what had happened to it. ~Jim

bottlediger

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that is the same bottle that was on this forum. "bought at a sale in northeast Pa" same deal as the dude that was on here. Already a bid at 3,000 daaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

bottlediger

Reaction score
He had no idea what he just bought until Jim told him on here. I think he paid a buck fifty as in one dollar and fifty cents....daaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn thats a helova profit

Jim

Reaction score
It was $1.25......a whole buck twenty five! That just goes to show that there are indeed a few killer bottles still out there to be found in unlikely places.

If it were in my budget right now, I would be owning this one! I'm happy for Tom, and I think he will be quite pleased. I have made a few similar buys, but the profit was measured in hundreds, not thousands (yet)[:D]. ~Jim

tomkirby

Reaction score
[align=right]
[align=left]Well I'll give you an update on that friedgen bottle. I still have it. Here's the story. I got an offer to sell the bottle privatly for 3,600, I told him that I wouldn't jump on the first offer I got. Beinging the nice guy I am, I told him I would give him the right to top the best offer I got. So any who, 1 month down the road I got an offer for 5,000. I told the other collector about keeping my word to the first guy. The first guy said, 5,000 was alot of money, give me 1 day to think about it, I agreed.

The nextday came and he could not come up with the money that soon. So I told him I would put the bottle in an auction to give him time so he could bid on it. He thanked me perfusley. The second collector was pretty irrate. He said good luck! I hope you sell it, but I won't be bidding on it. Turns out none of the two bid on it! That's what I get for beinging the nice.

Moral of the story "take the 5,000 GRAND"

Tom
[/align][/align]

bottlediger

Reaction score
oh well you still made out pretty good there bud, dont get down on yourself its only money

Jim

Reaction score
Good to hear from you, Tom. At least you still have it, so the ball is in your court. I am certain that there are a few guys in the poison community who DO have the cash and would love to own the 12-oz Friedgen. If you like, I may be able to hook you up with a buyer. I don't want any commission or anything like that. I also have a different auction house that I can recommend. Let me know if you think I may be able to help. ~Jim

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Not sure that story made sense to me. If the one guy offered 5000 and the first guy couldnt match that why wouldnt you sell it to the other guy that offered 5000?
When you put it up for auction what was the reserve? If it was 5000 I would have figured I was being jerked around and not bid. Maybe I'm missing something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology