poison for auction

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tomkirby

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to jerk the guy around, the first guy wanted so bad I gave him two more months by putting it up for auction.

Yes the reserve was 5000.

Tom

tomkirby

Reaction score
Sure Jim, if I can get the 5000 for it. If not, I'll hold on to it, seems to appreciate well. I'll owe you & the misses dinner if you do.

Maybe we can get together and dig my property. My house was build in 1864 and I'll bet I can dig the the house next door too! It would be my first dig!

Tom

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I know you were just trying to be fair, I'm just saying from the buyers viewpoint I can see why they might think they were being played and not bid. I hope you get the 5K for it.

Jim

Reaction score
I'll see what I can do for you. In my opinion, $5000, while not cheap, is not at all out of line for that bottle. And if it doesn't bring that much now, it will in 5-10 years. I'm very glad that I bought some of my irregular hexagon poisons when I did, because I wouldn't be able to touch them for those prices now. They are a solid investment, especially the rare ones!

Your 1864 house should definitely have some good bottles buried around it. My digging partner and I are currently excavating a privy that was used by several buildings that date to at least 1850. We are making some killer finds, I have it posted in Digging and Finding. I don't know when I would be free for a road trip, but it is certainly something that we can talk about.

I will make a few contacts and let you know if I can make the sale for you. ~Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology