Poison-Poison

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TexasDave

Reaction score
I recently found this blue bottle in a creek while we were arrowhead hunting. It's just a hair over 3" tall x 1-1/4" square. It has two embossed sides and two slick sides. There is a "7" stamped on the bottom. It has seams on the neck and I believe it is an ABM bottle.

While I've just started bottle hunting this year, I think it's funny that I found my first poison bottle while creekwalking for artifacts.

Just joined today so hello to everyone. Any info on exactly what this bottle was used for and when would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Texas Arrowheads

Ig11590.jpg

Attachments

• Ig11590.jpg
    Ig11590.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 130

swizzle

Reaction score
Sweet find. I'd search and probe the area that you found that in. There maybe a dump close by. Any houses, cellar holes or bridges close by? They could all be tell tale signs of a dump. Swiz

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hello Dave, welcome to the forum! I too am from Texas and as it happens, have been visiting your excellent web page for about a month now. I have recently become interested in Indian artifacts, have found a few, and have used your web page for identification and general information. Thank you. By the way, be careful.... bottle digging can and will become as addicting as digging flint and bone![:D] Happy Diggin, Kelley

PS. Nice poison. That is a great first find.

TexasDave

Reaction score
Hi Kelly,
Glad my website has proven helpful for you.
I've already noticed how addicting this bottle hunting deal can get! I live near the coast in what was the southern end of Austin's colony. There where there were lot's of old plantation sites and other pre-civil war developments in this area. Even so I never realized that you could find the kind of bottles that we've found this summer.
Thanks,
David

Texas Arrowheads

trussin

Reaction score
Welcom Texas. Excellent Poison Joe b

Toxic_Waste

Reaction score
I was just looking at a bottle like that on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6195102172&category=897&rd=1

Members online

Latest threads