polar cola NY?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

twowheelfan

Reaction score
a buddy of mine found this on a construction site in NYC.
Was looking for a little information.
searched here, nothing.
anyone? will keep researching the web!
thanks!
delicious refreshing
bear of a drink
bear club beverages ny

5DE38DA726CE4E99BBE389F2F9C6A32E.jpg

Attachments

• 5DE38DA726CE4E99BBE389F2F9C6A32E.jpg
    5DE38DA726CE4E99BBE389F2F9C6A32E.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 108

RCO

Reaction score
i never seen the bottle before but its super neat . i'd guess its from 40's - 50's era . its not unusal for nothing to come up online if the company was really small or only existed way back in the 40's lets say . there are some bottle books and its likely its in one of them .

have you tried to carefully clean up the bottle ? myself i'd just focus on the inside and glass and not touch the acl at all .

twowheelfan

Reaction score
i dont have it. i am researching it a little for a friend.
i definately will advise him re: cleaning.
I don't have any experience with ACL's and figured it was from the 40's or 50's
i just thought that maybe someone had some information. I looked at the links here on this site and the name polar is listed on one of the websites linked here,
http://www.gono.com/museum2003/plbottles%20brand%20names/pbottles%20brand%20names%203.htm#P
and a very small image of a polar cola from MA. which looks different.
http://www.gono.com/museum2003/paintedlbottles/paintedp3.htm

twowheelfan

Reaction score
so it might say polar club beverage ny. no info on line. is this rare? i cant believe that no one knows or has one.
i cant find anything online about polar beverages having a NY branch. epackage? you are always the one with the online skills and encyclopedic knowledge of everything from shards to well, whatever. could this be from the twenties?

bottlingco

Reaction score
twowheelfan,
It is not from the twenties. The ACL process was not invented until 1935. Yours appears to be from the late 1940s -1950s. I do think it is hard to find. There are likely a lot of them, but the problem is they are buried in the ground with a skyscraper over the top of them or such. Where I live, you can find bottles out on someone's property where there used to be a dump. But most of the dumps of NYC have concrete over the top of them. ~bottlingco
ORIGINAL:

so it might say polar club beverage ny. no info on line. is this rare? i cant believe that no one knows or has one.
i cant find anything online about polar beverages having a NY branch. epackage? you are always the one with the online skills and encyclopedic knowledge of everything from shards to well, whatever. could this be from the twenties?

RCO

Reaction score
no but i wonder if there is any other names or markings on the bottle . sometimes one name is used but there could of also been another somewhere else to identify who actually made this drink .

like as an example i have an old colony bottle and you wouldn't know it was made by orange crush until you checked the bottom and see the markings .

RCO

Reaction score
i actually found something that might help you in your search for information . was looking thru my pop bottle book and there was actually a compnay by the same name from Toronto , Ontario .

it was called Polar Cola co of canada limited and it only operated from 1949-1952 , it sounds like its related to the bottle he found as its exactly the same name . i'm wondering if the american company had just as short an existence .

RCO

Reaction score
neat bottle , even though the post is old I still find this bottle intriguing , bottle up for auction appears to be same as one found other than its for polar club not cola

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese