Poll: Which one do you buy??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
I think the answer also depends on how rare the bottle is. Is this a bottle that examples come up for sale quite regulary. If so what do nice examples usually bring. With such a drastic difference in price you maye be better off going with a wait and see attitude. To find out wat a fair market price is for a mite example.

Chris

Poison_Us

Reaction score
At first, I thought this would be easy. I'm fairly thrifty, so at first, I would eye the chipped one. If I had the $1k, the chipped one would leave $800 left to buy something else, witch may be minty. On the other hand, all the reasons given to buy the mint example are most valid. But if buying both was also an option, sure. Maybe I want a table to set up at the next show and have some stuff to put on it.
I did this not too long ago, in a sense. My wife and I bought a KU-4 (F.A. Thompson coffin) It had a chip on the lip and an open bubble on the back. Displays real well as it's not obvious unless you pick it up. Cant find this bottle for less than $600 (saw one with label at the Smyrna show) Our flawed one was bought for around $250 believing we would never be able to afford a mint one. My belief; a flawed example of a rare bottle is better than no example at all.

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
If money were't an object, the choice would be easy, the $1,000 bottle for sure. However, I would probably offer $800 for the good one and get the 2nd one also. That means both for $1,000. Sounds like a deal to me.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Lobey would build them a pretty display case with lights that they couldn't resist and get them both for free. [:D]

I agree with Staunton Dan... but if they were different sellers and had already got the lowest price on both, I would go with the $1000 bottle. (Unless the $200 bottle was prettier!)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75