Pontil era New York Blood Purifier

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I've had this bottle in my collection for about 6 years now and never found out much about it, was wondering if anyone on here could give me a date when it was made and maybe a value range, Its about 8 in tall has a flat base is made of white flint glass and is rectangular in shape, on the front of the bottle reads, "MORTIMOR'S RHEUMATIC COMPOUND AND BLOOD PURIFIER. NEW YORK" i dug this out of a hole that had nothing but pontil bottles in it so i know its around that age,

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
Can we see a picture of the bottle including the bottom? I show that they made an open potiled version which would date it to the 1860s and earlier. If yours is a hinge mold it would date to 1860s or so. It could be a nice bottle depending on the type that it is.

Reaction score
yeah ill try to get some up tonight, the only thing i've ever found out about it was that an open pontil version sold for a few thousand awhile back, "at least thats what the guy told me"

GuntherHess

Reaction score
There are a couple different mortimers bottles. I dont think I have seen that particular one with NEW YORK actually embossed on it. Clear flint version seems different too. Most of the mortimers bottles seem to have been made around the 1850s. (being smooth base doesnt mean that your isnt that early too).
I would love to see a photo. It sounds like it could be an unlisted variant.
Great find.

Note, the several $1000 one you speak of was likely the colored pontil marked version.

marjorie040

Reaction score
Hi Louisvillebottles12

Matt's CD has a yellow/green version of your bottle listed for $5000!!

Are you SURE it's not alittle yellow/?!!
Regards,

bottlediger

Reaction score
Man thats a nice lookin bottle to bad it isnt colored! Looks as if it should have a solid rod pontil, hard to see

Digger Ry

Reaction score
those are the best pics i can do atm, im starting to think that it not being colored might be a good thing, no one has seen it as far as i can tell. it a little dirty but theres not a mark on the bottle no chips or cracks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583