Pontiled Lawrences Indian Pain Killer St Louis Mo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
that square looks like a bitters or sarsaparilla. Bit big for a pain killer.
Nice big Pittsburgh bottle. Is it smooth base?

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Yeah it probably was Matt. I'm not sure if it's pontiled, that is Theo's bottle he sent me a pic of awhile back.

I don't have Baldwins book so I was wondering if the reference in it was possibly to that bottle instead of the one I have. These are the only two bottles known from Mr. Lawrence as far as I know. Two totally different examples, and from all I have been told they are the only ones that have been found.

~Tim

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
There are a couple in Baldwin

LAWRENCE'S INDIAN PAIN KILLER (yours)

W B LAWENCE'S PURIFIER

both advertised 1856

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Ahh, I see... cool, good stuff Matt. I'm still looking to reseach his company and try to find more information as I can.

Thanks again guys,

~Tim

bottlekid76

Reaction score
How's the book coming Matt? Will it have photos in it as well? I know we are still working on ours, it sure is a hefty project, at least for a novice in that area such as myself.

~Tim

appliedlips

Reaction score
What a bottle Tim! Never seen or heard of that one before, I'd love to find one though. If you ever part with it I'd be very interested.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
How's the book coming Matt? Will it have photos in it as well?

I have finished editing most of the listings. I currently have a lot of photos but that may change.
I'm over 800 pages and I need to get it under 700 pages preferably 600. I may have to change a lot of photos to line drawings which are more compact. Its tough fitting it all in a normally bound book. I could surrender and go the CDROM route but I really want a paper book this time. I could take out all the hair bottles and that would help a lot but I hate to do it. What would a medicine book be without Barry's Tricopherous and Lyon's Kathiron?[;)] Decisions, decisions...

deacon_frost

Reaction score
Nice one there Tim.....tried to call you the other day about the kehr and good bottle, Arlin said you have been working some weird hours though, hope everything is well with you and happy new year

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26