Pontiled Ships Urinal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
This oughta be interesting:...[;)][/align] [/align]Early Ships Urinal Shaped Like a Walrus Pontil
s.gif
[/align]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That seller has a few interesting items...unfortunately that isnt one of them[:D]

What is a walrus pontil anyway?

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that is a legit bottle. The reason being.... I am absolutely sure that the sailors from the pontil age of the early to mid 1800's would need an onboard urinal. No self respecting sailor would hang it over the side and desecrate one of our oceans. So.... Bid early, bid High, AND bid Often!![8|].

GuntherHess

Reaction score
It must actually take quite a bit of skill to make a glass handle that doesnt look like it will fall off when you pick the item up by it?????
...give me a handle large enough and I will move the world....[;)]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Youns are killin' me....[:D][/align] [/align]It appears ta me that - when being used the user would get drenched by the "blow-back".[:'(][/align]And, it would have to be sitting flat.[/align]Additionally, when picked up to empty, the handle is positioned so close to the rear that it would over-balance and pour on the floor...oops.[/align]Wonder what it really is...a whimsey of some type??...Has some base wear & scratches...but the glass retains a lot of lustre/brilliance to be pontil-era....[/align]No stains/etching inside - as you'd expect if it was used as described...[/align]

epgorge

Reaction score
Kewel jewel crewel,

Hey Pam, clean out your PM box. It's full. I responded to you but your box had no more room. I have not heard from a tumber who will be at the show at the end of the month. Sorry.

Joel

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen