Poor Digging ethics

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

girlzgotmoxie

Reaction score
" As a representative of all bottle collectors and diggers, be thoughtful, considerate, and courteous at all times."

This is a direct quote from The 5th edition All Color Antique Trader Bottles Identification & Price Guide by Michael Polak on rules and ethics of being a collector and digger.

A little common courtesy goes a long way in life, and I believe that many of us strive to be good people, and do the right thing. I myself am one of those people, and I must say I was appaled to lean via a reliable and good friend, that while they were in "the other" bottle enthusiests web site, two of my very closests digging pals were being slanderized, because why? The following was copied and sent to me via email:

: BOTTLE-DUMP LAND, USA Posts: 1472 Status: Offline Posted: Thu Apr 5Th, 2007 01:01 pm Quote Reply He is too busy trying to find out where all my dumps are probably....If I see him, I am just gonna pound him and his fat friend...no talk....just a beating. I hope he gets caught digging in the big city dump...they will put him in jail...they almost threw me and my buddy Jay in the slammer when they caught us in there a couple months ago. Let him and jab the hut take the heat on that place!
Joined: Thu Jan 13Th, 2005 Location: Maine USA Posts: 1544 Status: Offline Posted: Wed Apr 4Th, 2007 09:43 pm Quote Reply Too bad our schedules are opposite, I get out at 1:30. I should have a full weekday off to dig soon. I'm ready to hit it. Is the big retard from Conway there yet? ____________________ "Digging Around on a Piece of Ground in Your Hometown" bigdinthedump Pro Digger Joined: Sun Jul 16Th, 2006 Location: Saco, Maine USA Posts: 261 Status: Offline Posted: Wed Apr 4Th, 2007 10:03 pm Quote Reply If haven't seen the "big retard" yet fortunately for him....I'm not work in now just dig gin so I'm free to dig anytime anyplace. ____________________ I like big Jugs

This is not only unethical for fellow bottle collecters and diggers to act in such a manner, but in my opinion very, very infantile. Proper "good" people do not present themselves in such a way, and should be ashamed to even sign their names to such derogatory comments. In addition to this behavior, my digging pals and myself have been banned from the other site, again why? We have never caused any problems and have always been friendly and courteous too every and all fellow diggers and collectors we have met, and now we have been threatened with physical violence if they meet us in a collecting site. These actions put a black mark on all of us diggers and collectors, and in the future I hope to not meet any other persons that act in this manner, as they are a disgrace to the meaning of the title Bottle Collector.

Here's hopeing none of you have to deal with any fiasco like this one, and happy digging !

epgorge

Reaction score
Gosh Moxie,

That is more info than my old head can process. Now I have a headache.[;)]

Ep

capsoda

Reaction score
Here! Here! I agree wholeheartedly. But unfortunetly they are out there. I always ignore them because they don't scare me and if they want to bring it on I can handle myself if I have to. Plus, I am very protective of my wife and won't tollerate any crap around her. [:mad:]

Most of the diggers around know me or know of me and the usual trouble makers steer clear. The rest of us have a really great time when we are together.[:)]

epgorge

Reaction score
That is funny you mention it Cappy, around here you can say what you want about a man but you bad mouth his wife, family, gun or dog, you got trouble. And, rightly so.

I have a neighbor who is a 2nd home homeowner from the city. She comes up once or twice a year.

I told her she was my favorite neighbor... then in true Vermont fashion I said, "cause you are never here". She quipped back... "And, you are my favorite neighbor, too." "Why"? I asked. Because you have such a bad reputation I know no one will be messing around your or my house". Touche!!!! Ouch!!
Joel

epgorge

Reaction score
Hey,

Some things are just meant to be Moxie... I knew when I snapped your picture, you belonged here.. and thought maybe you were. Welcome to your new home. We will treat you right... If someone posts something silly, just ignore the post.

Joel

GuntherHess

Reaction score
We already know there are people like that out there, no need to post thier childish anticts here. Someday they will grow up, or end up in prison... or both.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75